Chapter 9: Birthday Surprises

Chapter 9:

Birthday Surprises

It’s been a week since I came back from my trip to the Sun Warriors Temple, and because of how much of a good student I am they gave me a room for Kohei to stay in. At least that’s how they explained it, but I think something else is going on. Ever since I’ve returned the only time I’ve been left alone is when I’m in my room. It’s starting to really freak me out, and it’s making it harder for me to protect Aang and Zuko from the attacks since I can barley ever get away from one of the girls, the weirdest thing though is that Kuzo hasn’t really asked me much about Siria lately. I want to believe that he’s given up, but that’s just wishful thinking.

“Auntie Sia it’s time to goooo,” Kohei whined from the doorway tapping his foot impatiently. Since we came back Kohei has taken it in his hands to protect my secret so that I don’t end up like his mommy, his words not mine. In order to do that he said that calling me Auntie would make it seem more realistic. I’m a little worried about Kohei though because I’m not sure if he’ll be more of a dragon like Narma or hopefully just have the same gifts as a Sun Warrior. If Kohei’s dragon side shows up in front of anyone other than me he might be captured and taken somewhere for testing, or worse they might kill him.

“Ok I’m coming sweetie,” I told him grabbing my necklace as I left. When I came back I found out that my room had been searched, and I’m positive whoever it was, was either a searching for the book, or b realized who I was and wanted the necklace as proof. Now I never leave anywhere without it.

“Auntie hurry, hurry or we’re going to miss Avatar Aang’s birthday party,” Kohei said. Yep today is technically mine and Aang’s 116th birthday even though the both of us are turning 16 physically. Being me of course I sort of haven’t mentioned that today is my birthday as well. I think everyone is suspicious about me enough as it is.

“So you really get along with the Avatar don’t you Kohei?” I asked I'm hiding a smile.

“Why wouldn’t I Auntie for you to be the same as my mommy that means he’s your twin brother making him my uncle, but I can’t tell him that because it’s too dangerous,” Kohei said in a whisper shocking me.

“I guess you know more about the Dragon Bender than I thought Kohei. Who told you all of this?”

“My big sister Zya visits me in my dreams sometimes especially when I was stuck in time. She told me all about mommy, daddy, and how when she died she became a dragon spirit in charge of dreams. Zya says I’m supposed to be your protector which is why mommy held me in a timeless room,” Kohei explained as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Ok well we better hurry little man everyone’s waiting for us, so that we can surprise Aang,” I told Kohei grabbing his arm and running towards Zuko’s Palace.

“Slow down Auntie Avatar Aang hasn’t left the school yet,” Kohei said tugging on my arm.

“Sorry sweetie I guess I just find it nice that Aang and I can finally spend a birthday together even if he doesn’t know who I am,” I told Kohei with a sad smile on my face.

After that the rest of our walk was in silence and I could swear that someone was watching us the entire time. Scared I clutched tighter on Kohei’s hand and called the elements to me just in case the person would attack. Finally Zuko’s Palace came into sight without me having to attack anyone, and I felt safe as soon as I saw Zuko waiting for me at the gate. I don’t know why, but the Palace has never been attacked by the group after Aang and Zuko which made me feel at peace whenever I neared its walls as if I was forever safe from danger.