Chapter Sixteen:Weekend And Mischief

1k read already!! So exciiiiiiteeeddd!! 😁😁🙆💃💃💃. Thanks y'all😘😘
Here's the much awaited chap! Leggo!! Sorry for the late update😒

It was a bright, sunny morning the next day. The sun shone brightly and the sky was clear blue. Hanan hummed happily as she descended the stairs. Faaiz had called in the midnight claiming he'd gotten to his destination.

Just then Mariam entered the house..
"Good morning granny!" she exclaimed.

"Hmm.. The morning is definitely good." she scrutinized her face and furrowed her eyebrows "What's with this enthusiasm this early morning?"
She inquired folding her arm on her chest.

Hanan grinned. "Nothing really. Does it seem like there is?"

Mariam raised her eyebrow as if not dropping the subject easily. She then moved closer and whispered as if someone else is eavesdropping in their conversation "Is this about my grandson? Huh?"

Hanan shrugged looking away. "Maybe not." And she moved away and started walking towards the living room with Mariam hot on her trail.

She pretended as if she didn't notice and went to sit on the couch and mariam copied her action. She looked everywhere but at her. No one said a word." Granny, what do you want exactly?"

She gave her an innocent look "What do you mean?"

She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. Mariam smiled. Her demeanor changed, and she ran a hand through her hair. "I'm obsessed with your hair." she whined. And Hanan smiled.

"Honestly, I don't even know the cause of my excitement."

Mariam raised an eyebrow but dropped the subject nevertheless. "Okay dear."

She then heard noises. "YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY PUT THAT THERE!!" Someone yelled and Hanan gave Mariam a curious look.

"What's that!?" she didn't even wait for her response as she traced the noise and led her to the kitchen. The sight before her made her mouth agape. "Oh my!"

Sofia looked up, fear clearly evident in her eyes. "I'm really sorry ma'am. I will clean up the mess right away. This two are just so naughty" she motioned to hurriedly clear it up, her hands quivering.

"Oh. Okay..." The kitchen was totally messed up. With flour littered on the floor and on the kids too! Some utensils broken. The cabinet opened.

"Erm.. What really happened was, the neighbor their nanny I use to drop them with is actually ill and is hospitalized. So, have no one to drop them with this weekend. And they actually promised to behave themselves. But they got mischievous as always" she explained muttering the last part.

She glanced at the kids and they pouted. They look like they want to cry with the flour on their bodies and they actually looked cute. All anger she must have felt dissipated. "But there are just 2 of them. Where is the 3rd one?"

She smiled "She's the gentle one amongst them all."

"Where is she?"

"The garden."

"Really?"

"Yeah. She prefers to be alone. She likes her own company. She should be at the garden" she then turned to the kids. "You guys should go and find a way to make yourselves neat now!!" she told them sternly.

And they looked at each other and grumbled before they stomped off. She chuckled as they left the place.
"They look like twins"

"They are! And are both mischievous and naughty. The eldest, fauzia is 10. The other, farida and the boy Farhan are just 4 going to 5. The nanny is always complaining. I used to pay extra charges for them both!"