Chapter 10

The night ended sooner than I wanted it to, but I knew I had to get home before my parents got too suspicious of my absence, if they even realized I was gone.

I slipped my dress over my wet body and Sean pulled his shirt over his head before we gathered up our things. I helped him take down his romantic setup and brought it to the truck. It was kind of sad seeing his masterpiece taken apart, but it obviously couldn't stay on the beach forever.

I wished I could stay on the beach forever with Sean. Every part of tonight was magical. Sean was a gentleman and he kept proving himself to be more invested in this than I ever thought possible. He wanted everything to be done the right way, regardless of how he felt about it. The thought made me smile as I thought back to our kiss. I craved that feeling again as we climbed into his truck.

He shook his wet, tousled hair, showering the seats with sprinkles of saltwater. I giggled as I cringed away from the water playfully and, naturally, he moved closer, shaking even more of his matted mess in my direction.

"Stop, I'm already wet enough," I laughed while shielding my eyes.

Surprisingly, I felt his warm breath caressing my cheek as he kissed me delicately along my jaw. Blood pooled in my cheeks as he continued to leave a line of little kisses across my face until his lips hovered above mine. The tension was intoxicating. Our breathing quickened as we sat perfectly still. My eyes fluttered open to meet his, already staring deep into my soul. He wanted permission. He wanted to know it was okay.

I slowly closed the distance between us, letting our lips explore one another's. Sean moved across the seat of his truck, bringing his body closer to mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he crawled closer, my stomach pressing against his as he climbed over of me. Our kissing changed from delicate to passionate as his body hovered over mine. My veins pulsed with desire as Sean continued to kiss me, slipping his tongue in and out of my mouth every once in a while. It felt good. It made me want even more.

Sean began kissing my cheek once again, trailing the kissing down to my neck and across my collar bone. Goosebumps exploded across my skin, noticing the difference of the feeling between him kissing my lips and my body. My body was a live-wire and his lips were water; a deathly, electric combination.

His hands traveled up my sides, grasping my shirt in his fist as his other hand inched towards my breast. I wasn't sure how to feel about the sensation. No one has touched me there before, ever.

Right before he reached my bathing suit top, he pulled his hands away and sat up, continuing to kiss me on my jaw, but the intensity was fading. He was doing it again, but this time, I was a little more relieved for his hesitancy. I wasn't sure I was ready to be touched like that yet.

"Are you okay?" he asked, breathless. I nodded, a bit breathless myself, and he smiled.

"Good," he retreated to the driver's side of the truck and ignited the engine, taking off towards my house with his dimples showing the whole way.

When we pulled up to my house, I was horrified to see my father outside getting something out of his truck. My father, of all people, could not be the one to see me with Sean.

"Uh, pull over there," I said in a panic, pointing to the cul-de-sac I made him park in before.

"Okay, what's wrong?" he asked while noticing my sudden anxiety.

"Nothing, nothing," I insisted, trying my best to keep a smile on my face. "Just pull over there," I pointed again.

Sean slowed down in front of my house, almost successfully pulling into the cup-de-sac before Sean saw him. He slammed on the brakes, peering out the window, his face morphing into something I had never seen from him before. It was a mix of pain and anger. It was startling.