Chapter 7

Adi woke up to someone nudging her shoulder. Probably Merlin. Crap. Was he still mad at her? Guess she couldn’t blame him, she had practically done everything he told her not to do.

  She turned around and everything was blurry. She hoped she didn’t look as bad as she felt, becayse her head was throbbing again. How long had she been out?

  When her vision focused, she saw that the man behind her was Gaius.

  “Sorry to interupt, but I need to work.” he said nicely.

  She got up from the chair and was dizzy as she stood up too quickly.

  “Where’s Merlin?” she asked.

  “He is in bed, as you should be too.” he said kindly and gestured to the patients bed. So she had slept through the afternoon. Despite being asleep for so long, once she fell on the bed, she fell asleep.

  Of course her dreams came flooding in. First she saw Morgana in a cell next to Leigh’s dead body.

  Morgana might as well have been dead herself, because she looked horrible. She looked at Adi with an emotion that flashed across her face as qiuck as she blinked. Not anger, not hatred, but betayal?

  It didn't make sense as usual and the dream shifted.

  She saw Arthur sitting on his throne in the throne room. Morgana sat to his left and Adi stood in front of them.

  "Run!" Morgana yelled at her.

  She ran and pushed her way through a crowd of civilians. She pushed through the two huge doors and the sceene shifted once again.

  Morgana was about to be burned at the steak in font of a crowd of people in the main square. She was tied to a pole with sticks gathered around her.

  She smiled to herself like she was glad to finally die. That was scary in itself. A man held a torch blazing with fire. He lit the sticks and Morgana was about to go up in flames when she heard a man screem, "NO!" from behind her.

  Morgana was already up in flames, surley dead, but before she could figure out who the voice belonged to, the dream ended.

  She jolted upright and looked around her to make sure she wasn't in danger. A habit she had formed over the years.

  "You were squirming. Were you having nightmeres, Adaliah?" Merlin was at her side.

  "Yeah, something like that, but it's just a stupid dream." She was always very iritable and cranky when she woke up from sleeping. Merlin nodded and let her get out of bed.

  "So, your sure you want to go?" he asked. She had almost forgoten she had to go spy on Morgana. She was kind of bugged by the dream, but then again, she didn't want to be a burden and not help out with anything.

  "Yeah." she said dispite her doubts. Merlin sighed.

  "Alright. Arthur wants to see you in the castle before you leave so he can give you breakfast and supplies."

  "Cool, yeah i'll go now." He followed her out the door and headed to the castle. As they passed the main square, she couldn't help but think about Morgana being burned at the steak.

  They met Arthur in his chambers and he was already ready. He gave Adi this delicius breakfast of eggs, sausage, and toast with milk. When she was done, Arthur gave another dress to change into.

  She had almost forgotten she was wearing the same dress from when she first arrived two days ago. She changed into the new one, which was purple with an attached hood and long sleeves. She looked at herself in Arthurs mirror.

  The dress was great. It was supprisingly a good fit and it was plain and simple, much to her liking. Her hair was another story tough. She hadn't thought to brush it since she got here, so it was a horrible mess.

  Still, she looked over at Arthur and Merlin and said thanks. They all walked out to the main square, where waiting for Adi, was a horse with supplise strapped to its side.

  "Alright, remember the plan. Come visit us on the second night your there. If anything goes wrong, just run back here." Arthur said. Adi nodded.

  "Good luck." Merlin said. Adi smiled with confidence and said thank you again. She hoped on the horse and made it go forward.

  It was a little wierd, because she hadn't ridden a horse before. She didn't want to look back at Arthur and Merlin, so she just kept looking straight on the path.

  The gates opened and she was outside of protection. She held on tight as she nugged the horse to go faster. Sooner or later she was in the woods. Everything was so quiet, she almost expected a monster to pop out at her.

  Well, at least she was doing something besides sit around and be the useless little girl. She liked having something to do or a mission, because it kept her mind off the real problem most times.

  Dear God, she thought. What have I gotten myself into?