Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Adi's POV

  Ouch. Adi's head was certainly throbbing. Ok, remember. What happened last night? Forest. Crazy lady. Merlin. Monster. Also getting knocked out. She opened her eyes to see that she was in some ones house.

  She sat up to take in her surroundings. There were scattered books and concoctions everywhere. Also, there was an old man sitting next to her and a blond man sitting at the end of the bed she was lying in. His deep blue eyes must have been filled with worry, but when they saw her, his expression instantly turned into relief. Oh thank God, he mouthed.

  "Where am I?" Adi asked, really confused.

  "You are in Camelot. More specifically, this is Gaius's house. He is the court physician and he has been treating you." the blond man answered. Gaius was the old man sitting next to her, she guessed.

  "I am King Arthur and I am so sorry. I didn't know who or what you were in the dark, so out of natural instinct I knocked you out." said KING Arthur. The freaking king! Adaliah decided to play it cool and not embarrass herself.

  "My name is Adaliah Winchester, but I usually go by Adi and its fine. I'll be alright." Arthur smiled and Adi smiled back. Maybe he was a cool king.

  A door opened across the room and another young man stepped out. He had short black hair and wore tan pants with a blue shirt, a red neckerchief, and a brown jacket. He looked kind of familiar.

  "Merlin, this is Adaliah. Adi this is Merlin, my servant." Arthur introduced them.

  "I'm also his best and only friend." It was Merlin from last night. The one who used his powers to defeat the three headed creature in the forest. She decided not to mention it now though. Merlin walked over and extended his hand.

  "Nice to meet you Adi. Are you ok?" Adi took Merlin's hand and shook it.

  "I'm fine. Just a little headache. " she reassured.

  "So, what were you doing in the woods in the middle of the night?" Arthur asked. Well she couldn't tell them it was because the only family she had was dead and a magical time lord took her here from the year 2014.

  "Umm. I was coming to Camelot to meet Merlin. A man named the Doctor sent me here in hopes that you would look after me for a while."

  "I wouldn't mind if its ok with you, Gaius." Merlin looked over to Gaius who nodded in approval.

  "Where are you coming from?" Arthur asked.

  "Ealdor." Merlin raised an eyebrow.

  "So is Merlin." Arthur smiled and gave Merlin a pat on the back like he was presenting him at a 6th grade science fair. Merlin gave an unamused face that Adi could not help but laugh at. Wow. These people seemed really nice. Maybe she would like it here.

  No, she immediately thought. She couldn't get attached to them. As soon as things cooled down, she would have to go back to 2014.

  "Well, Merlin has got to get back to work. Do you want to come with us?" Arthur suggested. Come to a castle and see cool stuff? Hell yeah! She didn't say that out loud though.

  "Yeah, alright!" Gaius gave her a nice breakfast and she headed out with Merlin and Arthur. Once they got to the castle, Arthur gave Merlin a list, gave a sarcastic smile and walked off.

  "Clot-pole." Merlin said under his breath.

  "What's a Clot-pole?" Adi asked.

  "Oh, uh, it's just Arthur. He gave me a bunch of chores. First we have to go to the armoury and polish his armour." He lead Adi to the armoury and once they got there, she stopped in her tracks.

  "Amazing isn't it?" Merlin noticed her face. She must have looked like a 6-year old in an ice cream shop. She couldn't help but think if Dean ever found this place, he would never leave. There were crossbows on one wall and a bunch of other weapons and masonry on the other wall. On a table in the center of the room was some one's armour.

  King Arthur's armour. Merlin started to polish it, while Adaliah walked around the room examining, remembering, and picturing how to use the weapons.

  "So, how do you know the Doctor?" Merlin asked. She had to come up with a lie.

  "Its better that I don't tell you. Lets just say things aren't so great where I come from and the Doctor took me here to keep me safe until they fix what's going on." Merlin nodded and took the answer. She roamed the room and kept to herself. After a while, Adi spoke up, "How long have you known you had powers?" It was a fair question.

   She wasn't scared of him, but he looked unsettled. 

  "I don't have magic. What are you talking about?" he lied.

  "You're lying. I saw you defeat that monster last night with a lightning bolt you summoned." Merlin stood to face her at the back of the room.

  "I won't tell. I've got something like that too." Adi added. She made water pour out of the sink to prove it.  

  "Alright. I believe you, but you can't do that around anyone else or you could get killed."           

  Adi nodded in understanding. She didn't know if she could trust him just yet, but she thought it best not to make any arguments. There was another long, awkward pause of silence.

  "Anyway, what's your favorite color?" Merlin asked, trying to make small talk.

  "Purple-ish. Like a violet color. You?" Adi turned back the question.

  "Blue." he replied.

  "One more question. How do you manage to keep your powers from Arthur?" Adi asked. 

  "I'm very careful and you should be to if you want to stay here."

  "Almost done?"

  "Yeah. One more spot and we can go." he finished cleaning the spot and put away the supplies. He was very good and it looked squeaky clean.

  "So, where exactly are we going next?" she asked.

  "To the training field. Arthur and the knights train against each other and I try to survive it." Adi smiled. Merlin grabbed the armour and headed out the door. Adi followed after him. Merlin seemed like a nice person. She hoped it stayed that way.

A/N: Hehehe. Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans!