Chapter Three

A/N: sorry for the short chapter! I promise the next one will be super amazing!

enjoy~

Chapter Three

"Mr. Hyland, a Ms. Epps is here to see you."
"Mr. Hyland, I have Aidan Burgher on hold. Is now a good time to transfer his call?"
"Mr. Hyland, you have mail."
"Mr. Hyland, please bend me over your desk and show me who's the boss."
Okay, so the last one was wishful thinking. And will most likely be another fantasy.
It's been a week since Charlotte started working here and slowly she was driving me insane. With all her little touches and little kisses and little fucking skirts. It was like she was taunting me, parading her tight little body around my office and tempting me...
But this was Charlotte we were talking about. My Lottie bell. My angel. She wouldn't do such a thing, right?
The door opened and Char peeked her head out. "Jay? I'm going out for lunch. Do you want something?"
"Whatever you get," I murmured absentmindedly while staring blankly at my computer screen.
"Okay, hope you like Caesar salads with light dressing," she chirped before closing the door.
I wrinkled my noses, tempted to take back my request before letting it go. I can always order in something fattening when I get home. Charlotte had become oddly obsessed with making sure I had at least one healthy meal a day when she walked in on me eating a cheeseburger from the local diner two days ago. She was adorable as she ranted about all the grease and salt I was digesting while watched her pace in front of me. I couldn't remember the last time someone actually took the time to take care of me like that. Was it pathetic how I started to feel giddy over her fussing over me?
I cracked my knuckles before getting back to work. The next thirty minutes flew by with me sending out emails and preparing power points for meetings. I was just about to check the stock when I remembered I needed copies for a few documents. I glanced at the time and hesitated. I estimated that Charlotte should be on her way back from lunch but I'd been stuck in my office all day, the nonstop phone calls preventing me from even budging from this chair. I grabbed the folder, deciding to give Charlotte a break.
I regretted the decision the second I opened the door.
"Thanks for buying me lunch," Charlotte giggled, reaching up to wrap her arms around Luke Kingston's neck. He had a stupid smirk on his face as he returned the hug and my lips pulled down into a sneer. They were standing in front of Charlotte's desk but hadn't noticed me, yet.
I cleared my throat obnoxiously loud and watched with glee as they immediately pulled apart, shock and a tiny bit of fear on both of their faces.
"G-good evening Mr. Hyland," Kingston stuttered when I leveled him with a glare. "I was just about to get back to work."
"Right," I snipped.
"Uh, yeah, bye Charlotte," Kingston quickly retreated down the hall to the elevator.
Charlotte huffed, turning to face me. "Jay-"
"I need copies of these," I growled, glaring down at her. Charlotte gasped, taken aback by the anger I was radiating. I briskly handed her the folder full of documents before turning around and slamming the door behind me.

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

It was a miracle I heard the timid knock on my door from the thunderous tapping I was doing to my keyboard. I clenched my jaw.
"Come in," I barked out, refusing to look up from the computer screen.
The door opened slowly and from my peripherals I could see Charlotte step hesitantly inside, closing the door gently behind her.
"M-mr. Hyland, I have your copies," Charlotte stuttered nervously. Good. I wanted her scared of me. The more distance I shoved between us, the better. The murderous thoughts I had of Kingston proved that I shouldn't even entertain thoughts of Charlotte and I ever getting together. I've only ever felt her soft lips against my cheek and already I was acting like a neanderthal. I couldn't image what I would be like if I finally lured her to my bed.
"Put it on my desk," I grunted, straining to keep my eyes and mind on the report I was working on.
The soft noise her heels made on my office's carpet filled the room before she gingerly sat the stack of papers on my desk.
"Did you still want your lunch?" She asked softly.
"No."
The answer was sharp and swift and obvious that I wasn't just saying no to the rabbit food she tries to force feed me.
I printed out a document and handed it to her from the printer under my desk.
"Notarize this for me," I murmured, finally looking up when she didn't immediately take the paper.
I wish I hadn't.
Because standing in front of me wasn't the twenty-one-year-old who's been giving me hell for the past week. It was Lottie bell, with her eyes stuck on the ground and tears pooling up around the corners and her button lip quivering. And I was eighteen again, making it my personal mission to never see those sage green eyes look so sad.
"Oh Charlotte," I sighed, opening my arms, "come here."
She was in my lap in no time, her face buried in my neck and her tears soaking through my collar.
She was always quiet weeps and pouted lips when she was upsets.
"I'm sorry sweetheart," I crooned, rubbing her back as I cursed my very existence. "So sorry. I'm not angry with you, I'm just terrible at not being an ass when I'm upset."
She made a choking sound that I hoped was a failed attempt at laughing during her distress.
"Please stop crying Angel," I cooed, now stroking her hair, borderline begging. I needed to get her to stop. I felt like I had a knot in my chest that was only getting tighter and tighter with every tear. "For me? Will you stop crying for me?" I pleaded.
A small whimper and a small nod was all I got and I tightened my arms around her. Soon she pulled her face away from me, and wiped her tear-streaked face.
"I-I'm sorry Jason," she croaked, her eyes refusing to meet mine. "I've just been so emotional lately and seeing you mad at me..." She bit her lip.
I sighed. I truly am an ass.
"I'm sorry Charlotte, I'm not mad at you," I placed a finger under her chin and lifted her face up so she could see my gentle smile. "Do you want to talk about what has you so emotional?"
She tried to lower her eyes again but I wouldn't let her.
"Just...missing my parents," she finally admitted with a sigh. "I've never been so far away from them or any family and I feel so...alone, ya know?" She took a deep breath and continued. "I thought, maybe, we could be friends since we use to be so close when I was a kid? I know it's weird with you being my boss and all know-" I placed a finger against her lips, cutting off her rambling.
"I would love nothing more than to spend sometime with you Ms. Charlotte," I chuckled. Her face lit up and she squealed, wrapping her arms around my neck to hug me.
"You're the best Jay," she gushed.
I smiled, finally enjoying the feeling of having her in my arms. So much for attempting to put some distance between us. Now I was her...friend.

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

My eyes snapped open.
Oh god. Not again.
I shoved my face in my pillow and slowly started to grind my cock into my bed, wanting to get it over with but it wasn't enough. It's never enough. I was only teasing myself, torturing myself.
I picked my hips up and slammed them against the bed, searching for some friction. I growled in frustration.
I needed more.
I sat up on my forearm, so I could rub my erection over my boxers. I felt like an animal, holding my cock hard in order to appease my attraction for her.
More.
I turned on my back on the bed, lifting my hips up to remove my boxers. I closed my eyes and let my head fall back on my pillows, so I could pretend that it was her soft little hands touching my cock
"Oh my god, Charlotte," I choked out, speeding my hand up. I thought about what it would look like with her lips wrapped around my cock and growled. "Feels so good baby."
I started thrusting into my hand, getting more desperate with each stroke. My hand sped up.
"Fuck Charlotte, please!"
I increased my pace, stroking myself longer and harder.
"Yes, baby, yes!" I gasped as I came, staring at the ceiling as I slowly calmed down from my high. I glanced at my alarm clock. It was barely two in the morning.
Lazily I kicked my boxers off from around my feet and went to my bathroom to clean up. I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed the bags in my eyes. I've been struggling to sleep for the past three weeks, ever since I had Charlotte in my lap. And I was struggling with this whole "friend" thing.
So far we've only started having lunch together. But with each day my feelings started to grow. And, knowing Charlotte, she'll make my situation even worse without even knowing what torture she was putting me through. She was just so...affectionate that she did it without thinking. It was like a sixth sense for her.
Not that I was complaining...
Most of the time I craved her lingering kisses and enthusiastic hugs. But I had to admit the rare times that she rubbed my shoulders whenever I needed her to read something on my computer were my favorite. I could just imagine her bending over to trail kisses along neck while she massaged my shoulders, whispering dirty things she wanted me to do to her in my ear.
I splashed water on my face and went back to my room to pull on a fresh pair of boxers. I glanced at my bed, no longer tired but finding myself hungry from my previous activities. I thought about the Chinese food I ordered after work and decided to warm that up.
But my phone ringing stopped me. I frowned, wondering who was calling me at this ungodly hour.
Charlotte's face grinned up at me. I fumbled to answer it, suddenly nervous. "Hello? Charlotte?"
Music blaring in the background greeted me.
"Jay!" Charlotte cheered, her words slightly slurred. "What are you still doing up? Nonono, don't answer that. I called you for a reason. A very, very, veryyyy important reason." She giggled, before cracking up for no reason.
"Charlotte, where are you?" My anxiety rising as I grabbed a pair of pants from my dresser.
"Umm, I dunno. It's like Black but it's spelled funny."
I shrugged on a shirt before answering her.
"Blaq? With a Q?"
"Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!" She squealed, the sound hurting my ears. "But Jay, I need a ride. That's why I called you. The world is going woooozzy. Like a tornado or somethin'."
"I'm coming to get you angel, just sit tight," I rushed out, jogging to my car.
"Oh you're so sweet, like candy, mmm. I bet you taste yummy."
Oh god.

A/N: I just had too much I wanted to post and so I'm breaking the chapter up. but i have a thingy for you guys. cuz im bored. and stressed out (have tests all week)
cuz you guy's comments make meh happy whoever posts the best comment on this chapter (doesn't just have to be about this chapter doe) gets to read chapter 4 a day early. i won't say who wins so you guys can't bug that person into sending the chapter to you as well but let's say I finish the chapter Friday night. I will choose a winner after I'm done writing the chapter, message the person to give me their email and all the other congratulations mumbo jumbo and then wait the next day to update the story. cuz i love you guys c: and hey, I might even send it to multiple people c; may the odds be ever in your favor <3