Chapter Ten

A/N: lol everytime I take forever to update I try to make it worth the wait.

enjoy~

Songs:

Near to You - A Fine Frenzy

Million Dollar Man - Lana Del Ray

Chapter Ten

JasonHyland5: Ask me what my favorite color is.

Lottiee_Bell: lemme guess, green? (;

JasonHyland5: Someone's a bit full of themselves, but yes.

Lottiee_Bell: shouldn't U be working?

JasonHyland5: I'm the boss, I work when I want to.

Lottiee_Bell: riiiight and would the boss like a coffee?

JasonHyland5: I would prefer something much sweeter.

Lottiee_Bell: like what? (;

JasonHyland5: A pastry of some sort of course. What did you think I was talking about?

Lottiee_Bell: nothing, nothing. I'll get you a donut. U seemed to enjoy them last time.

JasonHyland5: I only enjoyed them so much because you fed them to me. Will you join me back in bed when you return?

Lottiee_Bell: I'll think about it.

JasonHyland5: Don't make me drag you in here.

Lottiee_Bell: don't make empty promises sir. They're unbecoming of you.

JasonHyland5: Just hurry back. Or I'll unbecome you.

Lottiee_Bell: that makes no sense but k.

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

"Charlotte, are you ready?" I called out, pulling a shirt on and walking out of my study. It's been a week since Charlotte tried to push me past my boundaries and ever since our discussion over the...damage Rebecca inflicted on me she's backed off a bit. She still wore her skirts and her kisses still ignited a fire between us but we simply learned to stop and give each space.

Which was slightly hard since I refuse to let Charlotte go back to her apartment. I was like a child who thought it was preposterous to not have their toy everywhere they went.

I still had my dreams that involved a certain blonde and I still woke up ready to take her but instead of giving into those feelings I slip out of bed before I could wake her and go to my study and work and also take care of my morning problem.

"Yes, yes, you impatient man," Charlotte huffed, rounding the corner and appearing in the foyer, still fiddling with the earrings I gave her after our trip to the museum. They were diamond tear drops and sparkled in any light just like her eyes.

"I arranged for a driver today," I murmured, trailing my eyes up and down her body discreetly.

"How fancy Mr. Hyland," she giggled, taking the hand I offered. "Where are we going tonight?"

I hesitated, tempted to tell her but I kept my mouth shut. I wanted the night to be special and Charlotte's kisses were the best when she was excited.

"It's a surprise," I smirked, her crestfallen face amusing me. It was refreshing to see her still the same after all these years.

"You're no fun," she sighed as we made our way downstairs where Carter, the doorman, was chatting up the new lobby manager.

"Hello Mr. Hyland, Charlotte," old Carter greeted us, giving Charlotte a warm smile. Their conversations usually lasted thirty seconds at most and already the small woman next to me had him wrapped around her fingers.