Evacuation

Louise pov

I grabbed my book bag filled with clothes. I slugged it over my left shoulder and left my bedroom. I walked up to my parents who were at the bottom of the stairs holding bags of their own clothes. "Come on kids!" Bob yelled. "Coming" my two siblings of yelled walking down the stairs.

We walked out of our house and got into out car, we drove through the storm, we were all silently freaking out, we didn't truly know what the evacuation would mean or what would happen to us when we left.

We drove for 2 hours through the storm and traffic until we got to the Hotel we were all told to come to during the evacuation. We pulled into a parking spot, the ones that were left and all grabbed an umbrella getting out of the car walking towards the hotel.

We stepped into the larger hotel -the royal ocean- families all sat near the entrance holding just their necessities. It was honestly kinda sad. I saw kids I knew from school, people I barely associated with and a familiar blonde haired boy. Logan Bush.

I tried to control the grin on my face, Linda looked at me and scanned the room until she saw Logan. "Kids why don't you go sit down, your dad and I will stay in line for a room" Linda said looking down at me giving me a wink. I smiled back at her and walked over to Logan.

"Hey baby" I said sitting next to him. "You had to leave too?" He asked "I thought it was just my side of town" he said looking down at me. "Nope it's all of us." I said scooting closer to him putting my head on his chest. He gave me a hug. Tina and Gene soon walked up to us "hey lovebirds" Gene said grinning. "Hello asshole" I said shooting him a death stare. "I think it's cool you have a boyfriend" Tina said "don't you have a boyfriend?" Gene asked looking at her "Josh and I don't like to use labels but we are going to prom together" Tina said sitting next to me on the couch.

Gene sat on the floor, and we just talked about anything except the awful conditions we were in. Honestly it was nice to forget about the storm.

❤️ Dr.S