Chapter One: Decker

After Lilith, Khan, Lennox and I put Oz down for good, I went off to join Sentinel. I have to admit, I do wish I could be out in the fight, mowing down more hordes of the undead. If anything, I miss the Zombie threat. Anyways, I'm working with Lennox now, keeping Sentinel running, while HE does all the dirty work. My boss has been talking to me about getting more field work, but until another soldier dies in a new mission, I'm stuck back at the base. Khan, Lilith and I do keep in touch to this day. We mostly talk about Oz. We miss that son-of-a-bitch. Even if he was a monster. Although, the three of us still don't know what he meant by "whatever's in me, is in you too." Are we going to turn too? One thing's for sure, I'd be dead on the floor if I DID mutate. Sentinel has been keeping a close watch on me for exactly that reason too. I've shown signs of the virus, but no mutations, outbursts, or even aggression towards humans at all. The only signs I've shown thus far are the glowing eyes, and it's only the one. My eyes glow bright yellow from time to time, and when that does happen, I can only see red fog through my eyes. It doesn't anger me, or make me want to harm others when I'm near them. It just impairs my vision a bit is all. Lilith and Khan do know about this, and they've been showing signs too. Although, Lilith has the worst. The three of us decided to meet up back at the Atlas Corp. headquarters where the outbreak began, just to see how bad things were with each other. So I prepared for my flight from Sentinel's headquarters to the abandoned Atlas building. I arrived at the airport with my bag, and boarded the plane. God that plane was boring. Old people drooling while they slept, children kicking the seats in front of them, and the worst of it was, my eyes started glowing mid flight. People were panicked, as they knew about the Zombie outbreak, but were soon calmed when I told them it was just a Sentinel experiment for "night vision." Bull. Fucking. Shit. But the people were stupid, and actually believed my crap, so the rest of the flight was easy sailing. Soon I got off the plane, and took a cab to the abandoned site. When I got there, I was absolutely horrified. News reports from all over the country have showed pictures of the nearly cleared out building, destruction crews cleaning up the rubble, and even entire chunks of the building were gone. But what I saw in front of me disproves all of that. The building was completely intact. Everything. The walls looked brand new, the glass sliding doors were shiny as could be, everything looked as though it were in pristine condition. I walked into the building, but not a single person could be found, living or undead. I wandered the empty halls just looking for any clue as to how all of this could've possibly been rebuilt in such a short time, but I found absolutely nothing. And that is when Khan arrived.