2:04

"Where have you been all day?"

Gala stopped in her tracks on the way to get a funnel cake when she heard Damon's voice. Turning around, she saw him walking through the crowd making his way to her.

"I'm a high school student now, I've been blending in by helping put this fabulous carnival together." She answered before turning back around. "Now I'm going to get a funnel cake."

"Well, you're very determined." He said sarcastically as followed her.

"Why? Where have you been?"

"Here, there, everywhere. Why are you going to high school?" he asked.

There were several reasons why she was going. First, she is getting close to Elena and Bonnie, close enough that the doppelgänger called her and asked for her help with putting the carnival together and to tell her that Damon had snapped her brother's neck the night before.

Secondly, there is a guy. There was a guy she saw at the gathering for Mayor Lockwood before she left. He arrived with Elena and she could only assume that he was her brother, he was also in her art class. And conveniently standing in front of the concession stand grabbing popcorn.

"Jeremy." Damon spoke grabbing the young man's attention. "So good to see you alive." He taunted causing Gala to elbow him hard in the ribs causing to groan in pain.

"Don't be an arse." She said through clenched teeth be looking at Jeremy. "Hello again." she greeted before stepping in front of him and ordering her funnel cake.

"Hello Gala." He said with a kind smile. After one art class he knew he was going to be seeing her around a lot. "And aren't you a little old for a high school carnival?" pointing the question to Damon.

"About 150 years too old." Damon snarked.

Gala turned around with the sugary goodness in her hand and watched the confrontation happen. She would stop it if it got out of hand.

"Oh, you're pretty funny cracking jokes when I could—I don't know—blow the whole lid off this thing by telling someone what you really are." Jeremy quickly snapped back as Gala started to devour her treat.

She watched as Damon aggressively grabbed Jeremy before leading him off to the side where there weren't many people, away from prying eyes.

"So please tell me that that is not a threat." Damon spoke as he kept his arm strongly around Jeremy's shoulder, so he couldn't get away easily.

"Maybe it is." He said holding up his hand to show the Gilbert ring.

Gala may be new to town and new to the gang and their problems. But the ring she knew Jeremy wore was one she new quite well. Back in 1863 when Gala was in Mystic Falls, she killed a man that wore a ring very similar. The next day he was walking around like nothing happened and when night fell they came for her. But she made it out with little to no bloodshed and did what she always did when people found out about her, she made her way back her brother.

Gala finished her funnel cake and through trash in the garbage. She saw Damon pull Jeremy into a head lock before rushing over and grabbing by the back of the neck harshly, pulling him away from the gilbert boy, before letting go.

"Leave the boy alone Damon." Gala said as Jeremy coughed a little to get the air back in his lungs.

"If you wanna tell people what I really am, go ahead and try." He said stepping closer holding up the ring he had removed. "I will shove this ring so far up your ass, you'll really have something to choke on."

Damon tossed the ring, hitting Jeremy in the face before turning and leaving. Gala watched her friend go before looking at Jeremy as he already grabbed his ring and as sliding it back on his finger.