Chapter One.

[ Note : When I began writing this story I was just pulling it outta my arse so there might be spots that don't make sense. But please, give it a chance and read on? Maybe you'll end up liking it. ]

The sound of the doorbell freezes everybody on the spot.

My eyebrows rise up and almost touchmy hair line. My eyes are wide and my mouth is agape as my heart rate quickens. One by one I glance at each of my family memember. Mum is mirroring my expression, with her eyes the size of tennis balls and her lips parted with a hint of smile. Dad's lips are pressed in a thin line, his expression very neutral, except for his eyes which are oozing with  pride. My gaze lastly falls on Zeke, my little sister. Unlike the rest of us, she sports a look of triumph on her face and smiles widely at me even though four of her front teeth is missing.

"Well don't just stand there! Get the door!" Zeke giggles and snatches the plate of scrambled eggs I held. Feeling surprised I had not dropped it, I walk to the froont door with my heart stuck in my throat. I inhale a long breath in order to cool myself down but it doesn't work. Honestly, who has proof that this breathing thing works anyway? Even so, I took two more deep breaths before opening the door.

Mr. Zuhury, the mailman is standing on my porch with a million dollar smile. Mr. Z as we call him, is an aging man with thinning gray hair and a bony frame. He has been delivering us our mails for as long as I could remember.

"Let me know first thing tomorrow morning!" Mr. Z beams at me and passes a stack of letters into my shaking hands.

"Thanks, Mr. Z." I manage a smile and muster a good bye.

As soon as I shut the door close, Zeke starts screaming for me to join with the others at breakfast. Breathing unevenly, I enter the kitchen and two pairs of anxious eyes and a pair of excited ones look my way with all the pressure of the world. I slip onto my seat beside Zeke and place the stack of letters on the dining table. Zeke tuts at me and starts sorting through the letters.

"HA!" Zeke makes us all jump. In her hand she held a a white envelope stamped with a logo way too familiar to my eyes.

"Oh my god. . . " Mum squeaks, her eyes already filling up with tears.

"Open it." My voice is hardly audible but Zeke doesn't need me telling her anyway. She rips the envelope open and unfolds the paper within.

"Hmm..." Zeke squints at the piece of paper then looks up at us and shakes her head.

For that brief moment, my heart feels like it had just been murdered brutally. But then, that moment passes when Zeke shouts out : "SHE'S ACCEPTED."

Mum erupts into a shrilling scream which would probably get the neighbors thinking that somebody has been murdered in my house. Zeke joins in with an enthusiasm of a hoppity kangaroo. Dad doesn't say anything but I can see proud tears swimming in his eyes. As for me, I close my eyes and exhale the breath I hadn't realized I had been holding.

"I did it." I say to myself but the others hear it too.

"We knew you'll make us proud," Mum sobs, tears streaming down her cheeks. Zeke hugs my statue of a body.

"I'm proud of you." Dad's words make my head snap up.

In the seventeen years of my life, Dad has never said those words to me. And just like that, the revelation hits me. I made it. I got accepted in the University of London. London! My dream . . . the dream I have been chasing for as long as I could remember. Tears quickly rushes into my eyes and soon, I find myself in my mother's arms.

"Oh stop crying! You'll flood the place!" Zeke giggles and tugs at the hem of my shirt. I pull away from mum and scoop Zeke up in my arms.

"OH MY GOSH! ZEKE! OH MY GOSH!"

Zeke giggles. "Yeah, yeah. Now you can meet your horny."

"Zeke!" Both of my parents warn.

"I did NOT teach her that." I put Zeke down and glare at her but fail to do so. We both beam at each other.

"Now let's finish breakfast," Mum mirrors our smile and nobody argues with her.

"I can't wait to call all your aunts and rub it on their botoxed faces." Mum says as she digs in her omlette.

"Mum," I groan with my mouth full. "Please...that's so stupid."

"No it's not! Why shouldn't I? My daughter has done me proud and I have all the right to show you off."

"Mum..." I groan again.

"And we're holding a huge party to celebrate."

"And invite who? I don't have friends mum."

"Sure you do. There's Sonya. Kimmy. Reem."

"Oh well what a party! Three irrelevant douches to celebrate my victory with me."

"What's a douche?" Zeke asks and I wink at her.

"I just wanted to give you a good farewell."

"You're thinking about this way to soon, mum. I begin college on fall and summer just began."

"What if we tell you, you're leaving sooner?" Dad speaks up and I stop with the fork mid air.

"What!?"

"Norah, we know you have a dream to experience London. And me and your mum were sure you'd get accepted in college, anyway."

"What are you getting at?"

"We were wondering if you'd like to spend your summer in London."

"Seriously?" I squeak and both my parents nod happily.

"When?"

My questions gets answered by silence. Zeke speaks up.

"Ten days from now."

"Where am I staying at?"

"Chesire." Dady says and I shriek.

"That's where hairy lives."

"Oh my god! Oh my god!"

"So I take that as a yes?"

"YOU BET!"

PLEASE. Let me know what you think. I know none of the boys are around yet but we'll get there soon enough! Thank you for reading.

Comment. Vote. Share.

[~A~]