If someone gives you a number accept it!

There is nothing more comforting then the smell of freshly grounded coffee on cool winters morning (so what I am a winter girl, sue me). I was second in Line to make my order. I stood there and listened to the sounds of the street. Heels clicking into the pavement, cars stopping and starting an occasional honk from an unimpressed driver, small mindless chatter of people who had stopped their morning routine after meeting someone on the street. All in all. It was bliss. Especially since it was my turn to take my order.

"Good morning Miss, what would you like today?" The coffee guy was quite cheery for 7am. Not many people are, then again not many people are already making money this time of morning.

"Morning, can I take a large double, choc mocha and a large double shot caramel latte please" I asked taking my wallet out to pay for my order.

"Certainly can. So what brings you out this early of the morn'?" He asked taking 2 large styrofoam cups and adding milk to them.

"Heading to class got a double lecture today so need to be there bright eyed and bushy tail." I said chuckling to myself thinking of the reference.

"Ah sounds busy, so I'm going to go out on the limb and guess you are the chocolate girl" he said showing his extremely white, straight teeth.

I giggled, yep I actually giggled "That is correct" I said trying to keep my face straight.

"Thought so, and your boyfriend the caramel lover?" His smile faltering at little.

Once again I giggled, this time at his silly thought of me having a boyfriend. "What's so funny?" He asked handing me the first cup of steamy goodness.

"I um, don't have a boyfriend, this drink is for my best friend" I replied back holding back another giggle, handing him the note to pay for the drinks. Wow I was in a giggly mode this morning. What's gotten into me?

"Oh really? That's a bit hard to believe especially with a giggle like that. It's cute by the way" he handed me the change and gave me a light wink.

"Why thank you" I replied taking my hot chocolatey goodness. I said thank you one more time and with that I walked away.

"What's got you smiling like a kid on Christmas morning?" Charlie asked taking her drink from my hand?

"Oh nothing" I replied taking a sip of chocolate heaven. We started walking towards the building that held our first lecture of the day.

"Oh is that right? Then um why do you have a mobile number on your cup?" She asked eyebrow raised with a know it all look on her face.

I looked at my cup with shock. This was some mistake, surely.

"Charlie, are you sure you have the caramel one?" I asked taking a sip of my drink to double check it was actually the chocolate one.

"I surely do, and doesn't it taste amazing. But obviously not as amazing as yours" she replied with an all to knowing look on her face. I looked back at my cup and yep sure enough was a number with his name on it. Em.

Hmm, Em. I wonder if it's short for anything?

"Maybe this was meant for you?" I countered back.

"I wasn't in eye sight sweetie, I'm more than sure this is for you! Take it and give him a call" she shot my countering down and sipped her latte as if to end the conversation. "On but please do me a favour?" She added in.

"Sure!"

"Wait two to three days before you call him. Better yet how about a little test?" Charlie's face lit up the fireworks on the Fourth of July. She had an idea and I'm sure she was going to make it work.