Chapter One- Don't ask for his number

"Well I had a great night" I said softly smiling up at the man in front of me.

"As did I." Josh replied smiling back. The air got a whole lot warmer and soon my heart was fluttering a million miles per hour as I realized he was leaning down to kiss me.

"Oh shit, shake that ass, and move it like a gypsy..."

I was so close, I thought my myself closing my eyes and Josh chuckled grabbing his phone out of his pocket.

"Excuse me for a second, i need to take this" He said looking at caller ID. I gave him a curt nod then looked up to the stars above.

"Why do you hate me?" I whispered looking to the heavens. I haven't been kissed in ages and the one time I was so close.. I looked back at Josh to see him staring intently while talking.

"Ok then thanks, bye" Josh quickly hung. "Hey sorry but I gotta go" he said holding his hand out.

I looked at his hand and slowly reached out mine to shake it.

"Can I have your number" I blurted out. That wasn't meant to happen, but I mean he was just going to walk right away.

"Um sure?" He said in more of a question. Sighing with defeat he grabbed my phone from my hand and typed in the numbers to his mobile. He quickly gave it back to me and hastily made it towards his car. I looked down at my phone and saw that there was a ten digit number.. Yes a mobile number!! I didn't luck out this time.

Doing a happy dance on the spot spinning around I saw that Josh was looking at me. Stopping quickly I waved and quickly ran towards my car parked on the otherside of the car park.

                                   ~****~                        ~****~

I walked through the front door only to find my self attacked with at least 20 nurf bullets. I mean HELLOOO!!!! Talk about ambusing a person, I hadn't even shut the front door. The wonderful joys of renting and boarding with your best friend and some what friend.

I pulled 2 of the bullets out of my hair I looked around the room to find my culprit "Seriously Matt, If your gonna hide then you might as well sign your will. I'ts the running that you want to do" I growled looking behind the couch. 

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a blur speed past me. I chased after it as I realized Matt had taken off into the direction of his room. His laughter filled the hall way

"You'll never catch me Davis" He Yelled.

"Don't bet your life on it" I responding launching myself at him grabbing onto his waist and taking him down with me. Pinning him down I sat on him with his stomach on the ground. I leaned a bit quishing his head into the ground with my arms.

"Say truce Johnson" I warned with a smirk on my face. 

"Never" Those were the words I needed to hear.  Lifting myself up, this snorlax was ready to body slam this poor excuse of a meowth into the next month.

"Don't continue with that Madalyn, as much as I would love to see this, we have more important stuff to address" Said my best friend as she lazily dragged herself into the hallway leaning against the wall checking out her nails.

"Right, but he started it" I countered back.

"He always starts it and I'm always finishing it" She signed looking at me pointedly. "Anyways dish, what happened on the date?" Charlie asked excitement starting in her eyes working it way down to the rest of her body.

"Oh it went alright" I shrugged getting off of Matthew. I looked at him with a bit of relief, happy that I didn't have to hurt myself in order to render him unless for the afternoon. 

"It went alright? What did you do?" Charlie asked sliding down the wall so that she was sitting with a sprawled out matt and me. 

"Well we had a great dinner, we laughed a little, just talked about our jobs and what I was studying and then we went to leave, we were about to kiss, then his phone rang, he answered, hung up and then I asked for his number as he left and then I did some stupid dance that he caught me doing and well...." I rambled on not taking a breath in between my words.

"Wait hold up.. you said you asked for his number?" Matt inturrupted sitting up, proping himself against the wall.

"Well yeah... he was about to leave.." I started thinking slowly as to make sure I didn't leave any detail out.

"Oooo" Charlie and Matt grimaced looking away from me.

"What?" I asked desperate to know what I did wrong.

"Well, you asked for his number" Charlie replied, trying not to meet my eyes.

"Well yeah, how was I meant to call him back?" I responded

"Did he ask for yours?" Matt asked. I looked at him and thought for a second. I caught on. 

"Oh.." I whispered.

"Yeah.. sorry" Matt said standing up while patting my shoulder. "You lucked out this time" With that he walked into his room and shut the door.

"But we were having a great time" I said looking at Charlie.

"Oh well look at it this way... He's missing out on a great girl" She said hopefully moving next to me.

"Maybe I should call him? He probably forgot to ask for my number." I said hope filling back inside me again.

"No.. don't even try, it will probably be a bad idea." With that Charlie rose and went straight to the kitchen. I stood up and followed her..

"Just one call, you know to make sure he has my number?" I asked

"No Maddi, just No" Charlie replied seriously.

So the moral to this point is... if you have to ask for his number.. the night went horrible. My advice..... ladies save yourself the pain and don't ask for his number.!

~A/N~

Hi all, Hope you enjoyed this.. I'm learning to make the chapters longer without making them sounds too dragged on so please bare with me for a bit.

Please let me know what you think!!

THANKS XX