Chp. 3

Photo above is Rae

No one's pov

As the last bell rung the girls met in the school parking lot as promised.

The ride to Zairen's home filled with nothing but laughs and memories.

"So when does mom and dad get home?"

The athlete's parents where basically a second family to Rae. She slept, showered, ate, and even ran to them when she needed a break from her own parents. They loved and accepted her as if she was their daughter along side Zarien.

Soon the two became very close, sadly both in different ways.

"They texted me and said they're having a late night. So you may not be able to see them until some other time."

The girl huffed playfully causing a giggle from her bestfriend.

"If you're tired of me already just say it, I can take you home now."

A familiar two story home came into view. The red dusty brick making Rae feels at home already.

Parking the car they headed inside.

"Three months snowed in with my parents, I need another face, trust me."

As they walked in, Rae couldn't help but feel amazed. Everything in the house she remembered before she left completely changed. The caramel wooden floors now mocha, and her favorite couch turn leather with a reclining handle.

It was so new, and she loved it.

"Wow, you guys really did change."

Even her bestfriends room was different, but somehow fit her perfectly. The walls where now black since she never took a liking to bright colors. Posters of video games, pictures of them together along with family, and of course her sports photos.

Which Rae lingered on longer than she would like to admit. There she was in uniform with a football lodged in between her arm and side, the mean scowl on her face would strike fear into any opposing team.

The yellow flags flowed effortlessly around her waist just daring you to touch it. Below it the date of their games for the season.

"You can make yourself comfortable, you know? I get everything might look different but at least I'm still the same."

She chuckled, even though her friend would oppose to that.

There the girl stood getting change infront of her as if not a care in the world. Her toned abs and chest on display without even thinking about it.

After her shorts covered her legs, she joined her bestfriend on her bed. Both agreeing to turn to netflix for entertainment.

"Did you watch the second season of stranger things without me?"

Zarien gasped offensively, her hand placed on her chest as if in actual dramatic shock.

"I can't believe you would think I would cheat on you in such way."

Rae laughed, nudging the shoulder next to hers.

"You're such a dork."