Janae's POV

so I called Lexis today. I've been debating on calling her or not. I met lexi in the 4th grade. she was so nice to me. we had art class together but as we was growing up our peers changed and we just started talking this year. and I've grown to have a crush on her. we had several classes together and she was really cool. but she has a girl so I guess we can just be friends.

I called her but she sounded so busy and she told me she was going to call be back.

it was 8:47 pm and I was just hoping out the shower. when I saw my phone flash the annoying ass iphone 5s ring tone went off. it was lexi calling me back. I didn't want to seem crazy but I took a min to answer it

"hello " I said calmly. I don't know why but she makes me nervous.

Lexis's pov.

I been thinking about janae ever since she called me erlier. I know I'm with Anna but it won't hurt to have friends. so when I got home I checked on my gma And little sister. they was chilling in the dining room reading God knows What.

it was around 8:46 and I was still thinking about janae. I looked in my contacts and went to her number that I saved earlier under jay.

"hello" she said

"hey janae it's lexi. " I replied all girl like. I never felt so nervous since me and Anna started dating.

"wassup girl, we haven't talked since the last day of school" she said

" I know Shorty, What you been up to? " I replied curious.

" nothing just wondering if we could hang out soon,?

"sure baby girl I got a couple of things to take care of first but I'll call you and let you know wassup " I responded

"actually can I come by now?" she asked shyly.

I wasn't thinking with my brain my body was thinking for me and I haven't had any cutty since who knows. I don't plan on cheating but what ever happens happens.

"I'll come pick you up just text me your address " I replied.

"uhhhm just come to shively park. I'll be there, she said nervously.

"alright babi girl. I'll be there in ten. I said hanging up the phone.

15 mins later

as I drove past the swings I saw janae sitting on a near by bench with her small teacup dog in her lap. I remember she brought it to school 7th grade for show-n-tell.

I parked and walked up making my presence know. it was just now getting dark.

"hey baby girl. long time huhh " I said motioning for a hug. I saw a tear in her eye as she looked away.

oh good this is great. I thought to myself sitting down. I looked at the night sky looking for the stars, I glanced over at janae and we both was looking the same direction.

"pretty isn't it? I asked trying to get her to speak.

"yeah it is.... do you remember the times we spent in math class for days talking about our life and the stupid things we went through while we wasn't speaking... ?? she said getting to the point.

"yup, I remember I told you alot about. and honestly I never opened up to anyone so fast. " I replied.

"well I called you because I needed to talk. " she was looking at me so blankly.

"ummm talk then, I replied getting comfortable.

janae's pov.

I was nervous. I didn't want lexi to think of me no kind of way.

"ummm talk then , she said changing positions on the bench.

" can we take this to your car, I asked I feel like someone was watching us. and I'm a very paranoid person.

We walked to lexy's car. I can't believe she has a 2014 impala.

as soon as we get in I locked the doors.

"okay so remember last year in the 10th grade my father was our pastor at church and out of nowhere he got fired and noone saw him for a long time?

well my dad found out i was being sexualy active. and I ended up getting pregnant. lex I didn't know what to do or say. my boyfriend didn't want the baby and I wanted it so bad, I paused for a second holding back the tears.

I stopped breathing hard and looked out the window. after a couple of breathes I looked at her.

"its alright baby I'm listening, she said making me feel more comfortable.

"and one day I came home from bible study and my dad was drunk. him and my mom was fighting. They been fighting for weeks now. And I didn't know if it was because of my suden pregnancy or things was just falling apart. but my mom grabbed her two big bags and was gone. I tried stoping her but my dad grabbed me by my shirt and started hitting me. I cried so hard asking him to stop but the next thing I knew I was in the hospital next to my grandma she was crying her little heart out. and I've never told anyone about this but my grandma and she took care of my dad. but he came by today looking for me, I was so scared. " I glanced over at her she looked mad.

lexis pov

"sorry if I wasted your time, she said before turning to open the door.

"no wait, I said reaching for her hand. I put diamond in janaes purse and pulled her on to my lap.

"look bb girl you can't run from that man all your life. he hurt you I can tell but look theres people here in the ky that care for you. I care for you. and as long as we are friends in not letting nothing happen to you. I got chuu ma." I explained to her. I can see her stress level is high and she is to pretty to be stressing. she was looking at me weird though.

" bu... I started to say but

out of nowhere janae lend in and kissed me. her lips was soft hand she knew exactly what she was doing. to bad she didn't know I did too...