Chapter 9 ~ Heartless South Korean

Girlfriend? I was so angry with him at that moment. After everything, he still wants me to act as his girlfriend. I thought he called me here to apologize or to see if I was okay. But no, he called me here so that I do what he wants me to do.  He is taking advantage of me. I pouted and turned away. I’m going to finally commit suicide now.

“Why did the police officer call her Cha Sal?” the mother asked. I didn’t like her tone.

“Ya Ri is nicknamed Cha Sal,” Yae Jun sad nervously. “Ya Ri, please come greet my parents.

“Why? Is she suicidal?” she interrogated.

“No, mother, she’s just called Cha Sal. Ya Ri, please bow to my mother and greet her!” he was obviously trying to avoid the subject, as if my being suicidal is shameful for him or something.

I hate him. I hate South Korea. I hate that Yae Jun is taking advantage of me, I hate his mother who is eying me top to bottom spitefully, I hate my life, and I hate everything about this whole situation. When I thought that nothing could make this any worse someone came in that made it much worse. The real Ya Ri came in.

“Oppa!” she screamed and she ran towards Yae Jun. She hugged him and then kissed his lips, which made me shiver in disgust. “Oppa, are you okay? When I heard you were admitted to the hospital, my heart fell between my legs… oppa are you okay?”

Yae Jun smiled. “Ya Ri, you’re here! I am so happy…”

His mother eyed him suspiciously. “Ya Ri? Which one of them is Ya Ri?”

Ya Ri then turned her head and saw me. She pouted and looked at Yae Jun, “oppa, do you like her?”

“No! I don’t, trust me! She’s someone I found lying on the ground and so I helped her. She means nothing to me. Please believe me.” Yae Jun begged. I don’t think he noticed I was hurting inside.

“But, the bra…”

“She was washed on the shore, and freezing. She showered in my house, I was helping her!”

“Why was she washed up on the shore,” Ya Ri asked.

“Cha Sal. She wants to suicide. She’s attempted it many times already… She will die soon, Ya Ri. You don’t have to worry about her, but please stay by my side.”

What a cruel and heartless thing to say. He was expecting me to die, like he wanted me to die. Stupid South Koreans. My eyes watered and I dashed out of that hospital room as quickly as possible. I hate Yae Jun. I hate him with everything inside of me.

I expected him to call after me or something, but no. I guess he wanted me to end my life then. He won’t be there to save my life anymore like he’s always been this time. I dashed through the twisted corridors of that hospital. I couldn’t seem to find the exit and it frustrated me. I wanted to die right away!

I saw a nurse’s cart in the distance and I dashed towards it. I looked to see if there was anything I could use to kill myself. There were medicines. I took hold of three bottles and walked away, hoping that no one would notice. I hoped one of them was some sort of poison.

I went inside a public bathroom and began reading the labels. “Do not consume without doctor’s conscription. Could result to death.” Sounded dangerous enough. I opened the bottle and gulped down the medicine. Unlike every other time I have tried, this time, I did not hesitate.

Next thing I knew, I felt this burning in my throat. I dropped the bottle that was in my hand as I couldn’t feel my body anymore, and I fainted.

When I woke up and found myself in a hospital bed and alive, in the same room as Yae Jun, I screamed.