Chapter Five

After about an hour or just talking with Cameron, everyone came back inside.

"Everyone, listen up! This is where we'll be parting ways. In the evening, meet us here in clothes meant for swimming. Now you can go." Mr. Diska said.

As Cameron and I were standing up, Damien walked up to us.

"So this is where you were hiding." Damien said.

"Yeah. Sorry. I'm just not a big fan of sports." I explained.

"Oh. Well, shall we go get lunch?" Damien suggested.

"Sure."

The three of us then headed to the dining area, where the buffet of food was waiting for us.

After getting food, we found an empty table and sat down.

As we were eating, a familiar face walked up to us.

"Hey (y/n)! Mind if I sit with you? My parents are busy, so I have no one to eat with." Lyle asked.

"That's fine with me. How about you Cameron? Damien?" I replied, before looking at the two boys at my side.

They both agreed, and Lyle happily sat down with us.

"Yay! So, who's this?" Lyle questioned, while pointing to Damien.

"I'm Damien. (y/n)'s soon-to-be-brother." Damien said.

"Wait... So... This means... Cameron and Damien are brothers!?" Lyle exclaimed.

Cameron sighed.

"Yes, we're brothers. Now, can you stop being so damn loud?" Cameron questioned, shocking Lyle and I.

Lyly looked like he could burst into tears

"I'm so sorry... I didn't realize that I was being so annoying..." Lyle sadly apologized.

I frowned at Cameron.

"You'll have to excuse my brother. He's not a fan of anything loud; including people." Damien explained.

Lyle then finally seemed to understand.

"I see. I'll try to talk a bit quieter now." Lyle said in a whispering voice.

That's when the awkward silence began.

... I hate awkward silences...

"Well, I should probably go now. See you later." Lyle said, before leaving.

I then turned to Cameron and Damien.

"Well, what should we do now? We have about 4 ½ hours until our next group meeting, and I don't want to waste time doing nothing." I explained.

"Well, I wanted to go on some of the rides available. Perhaps we could do that." Damien suggested.

Cameron shrugged his shoulders.

"Is that a yes?" I questioned.

"Sure." Cameron quietly answered.

... Sigh...

"Well then, let's go." I instructed.

We then headed off for the rides, which was about a ten-minute walk away.

... I hate long walks...

"Alright, which one to go on first..." I thought out loud, as I looked at the different options.

"How about a fast ride? I can't stand slow rides." Damien suggested.

"Sure. We could go on the fan favorite; 'Blackout'. Apparently, someone had fainted due to fear. Shall we go?" I suggested.