Chapter 68

"Oh, Bella," Meadow called out. I lifted my head from the fluffy pillow.

"Yes?" I asked in a groggy morning voice. I cleared my throat.

"Please get out of my apartment." She said calmly.

"Why it's not like there are- oh Nolan what's up. Wonderful weather we are having." I pointed to the window and noticed it was raining. The skies were dark, and right after I said something a thunder erupted.

"Bella. Out!"

"Babe be nice. I don't mind that she is here." Nolan tried to calm her down.

"No no Nolan. It is 4 in the evening. She needs to go. She has slept for over half the day. She has a home. Plus I want to spend time with my boyfriend." I swear I saw her wink but I am not sure because my eyes are on the verge of closing again.

"I'll go just five more minutes."

"You said that 4 hours ago."

"I did?"

"Yes!"

"Ok two more minutes."

"No, get out." I groaned and rolled off of her couch along with the blanket. When I stood up, I grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around my body. I walked to the door and slipped on my shoes. My eyes still about to close. I grabbed my purse and coat and opened the door.

"Drop the blanket."

"But it's so fluffy. Can I steal it and then regift it for you when Christmas comes?"

"That's not a bad gift babe-"

"No, you can not. Drop it and leave... please and thank you." I threw the blanket on the couch.

"So now you have manners?" I rolled my eyes and walked through the door. I closed it quietly behind me and walked down the hallway. I rubbed my eyes because walking around here I should be awake and not half asleep.

When I got to Ryan's house I didn't see his car thank god. Instead, I saw a very fancy car. Probably worth more than me. Never mind it is more than me.

I walked inside and tossed my keys and bag by the door on a side table. I put my coat on a coat rack and walked to the stairs.

"Oh, Bella." What do they want now?

"What!" I yelled. I didn't recognize the voice.

"I wouldn't talk to me like that Miss Amore." I turned around and came face to face with Adrian.

"Well I will talk however I want."

"Bella," He said in a warning voice. Then two more people appeared behind him. Mark and Ryan. "We have a short meeting together. Just need to go over a few ground rules." He walked away to find Ryan and Mark. I followed him reluctantly.

"So big boss man what rules do we have?"

"You're such a child." Adrian groaned.

"So my actual age, mental age, and heart age. Are all very very different. I'd say I'm probably like 7 at heart. Do they have tests for that?"

"Stop rambling Bella," Ryan said. I looked at Adrian who looked like he could explode at any moment.

"Well sorry. Some people just have a lot of their minds and you just need to let it out sometimes. Is that ok with you?"

"Not really, honestly, women shouldn't even have their own opinions half the time. They're too-" He asked and stood up.

"I think you should just shut your mouth before you say something where I kill you myself." Ryan was about to say something back but shut his mouth again before another sound came from it.

"Let's get started now. Rule number one our curfew is 8 p.m." Adrian started.

"Um excuse me I don't know if you noticed but who comes home at 8. Maybe 10 years olds. I am over twice the age of them so you should change it to 4 in the morning. Much more reasonable."

"And not happening. The next rule you have to do as Ryan says all the time. No going against him or there will be punishments to go along with the degree of the issue."

"Ok, so that's-"

"You will follow every rule because every time you break one we take off one payment from that girl's treatment you want us to pay for."

"That is outrageous!"

"Let's continue without any interruptions."

"What's rule three."

...

"That is a terrible rule. Who came up with these a second-grader. No dunking cookies in milk! That is a terrible rule!"

"It isn't. What if the cookie falls in the milk then what do you do?" Mark asked and looked like he won a prize.

"I drink the milk idiot. That is by far the stupidest rule ever."

"I didn't make the rules," Ryan said and put his hands up in surrender.

"Did you find a daughter you never knew you had and asked her to write the stupidest rule ever?"

"I didn't write them. Bella. One of my friends did."

"Who lets their friends?- you know what never mind. Just finish reading."

"No pineapple on Pizza."

"Excuse me this is a highly controversial topic and I would prefer to not go there."

"Keep reading then."

"No this is all outrageous!"

"What are you gonna do about it, sweetheart?" Adrian asked with a blank face.

"I'm going to... well I don't know yet. Ah just finish reading." He gave me the 20th page of rules and for the 20th time, I scanned the paper.

•Edited•