Sigma Force X Ch.6: Caution in the Wind

CHAPTER SIX: CAUTION IN THE WIND

I made it to the landing bay. I could hear the war noises outside. I could hear Ray Jets and Shark Jets zipping by. I could feel the vibrations of Quadrotanks and Armored Tanks dominating the ground. I could hear the bullets going and the screams and shouts of fighting or injured and dying men.

I did a quick prayer for all the fallen soldiers and immediately jumped into my assigned Ray Jet. I activated the control system and slid on my seat belt. All of a sudden the transmitter on my console came on.

"Mikkah!" I said.

"Zap! Thank the gods you are here! I really need the back-up-like now!" Mikkah had a very frantic expression on his face.

"Alright, sit tight, Mikkah! I'm on my way!" I responded.

The roof of the landing bay began to separate until it was dilated enough for the Ray Jet to fly through. I finally took off. I could feel my body sliding back into the chair. I boosted off so strong and fast that all I could see was the streak of wind and the blue of the sky outside the cockpit.

"Hang in there, Cybil," I thought to myself. "I'll find you!"

Finally I reached to maximum altitude. I could see New York City and Lady Liberty about 100 feet from the Sigma Academy. Then all of a sudden, I heard Mikkah again.

"Zap-watch out behind you~!!!!"

"What--?!" Before I could process what Mikkah shouted, I felt a force on the left side of the Ray Jet.

"Ugh!" I grunted in agony.

Damn Epsilon fighters! They fired at me and ended up damaging the left wing.

"Zap! You're okay?!"

"Yeah, just a fender bender to my left wing." I replied.

"Great, how about saving my wing would ya!" Mikkah then ended his transmission.

I checked the rearview monitor-I saw about five or six Sharks behind me!

"Nice..." I muttered. "Well, I guess they're asking for it, anyway."

I yanked the boost lever back and braced myself for a U-turn. I bolted about five yards up and then darted back towards the small flock of Shark Jets.

"You're messing with the wrong fighter, you pesky bastards!" I started firing the lasers.

Every two seconds a round of fire were shot, a random Shark exploded until all of them were destroyed.

"That was close..." I thought.

Once again, Mikkah appeared on the transmission. "Good one, Zap!"

"Why thank you, Mikkah." I grinned.

"You should consider a Ray Jet show to raise money for the Sigma Academy. You know what I mean?"

I know Mikkah was just trying to be a little comic now.

"Oh really? Great idea, Mikkah. I should remember that. Just don't ruin my style, okay?" I joked back.

Mikkah blushed and frowned. "Uh-huh. Just come help me out, would ya?!"

I boosted towards where Mikkah's Ray Jet and the enemies were crowding around him.

"So you guys think you've outnumbered me? Ha! I think not! Don't worry I just need myself and my good partner to bombard all you goons!!!" Mikkah seemed to get a bit cocky since he knew that I was on the way to help him out.