8

"Jerome please just leave. I don't feel like dealing with your shit today" I said while dialing Rakim back.

Worry was starting to set in and I could feel that something wasn't right.

"I just came to take you home. You're gonna need a shoulder to cry on when you find out your brother is dead"

Snapping my head up in Jerome direction I could see a sinister smirk playing on his face.

"What the fuck did you just say to me?" I asked.

Jerome laughed taking a step towards me.

Thinking quickly on my feet I grabbed my pistol from under the counter that Mase insisted I should have.

Pointing it at him it made him stop all movements.

"Oh so you're gonna shoot me now?" He asked with a smile.

"If you take another step a shot will go off and I promise I won't miss"

"So it's like that Aaliyah? After everything we've been through?"

"Just like that Jerome because of everything you've put me through"

He chuckled "You got that but best believe this isn't over" he said before turning and walking out the same way he came in.

I breathed a sigh of relief before quickly dialing up Mase.

"What's up sis, you good?" He asked

"Jerome just left"

"What? What happened?"

"Nothing I pulled out the pistol and he left"

"You should've shot that motherfucker" he hissed "I'm putting money on that nigga head TONIGHT! Fuck what Rah talking about"

"Have you talked to him?" I asked

"Nah, he supposed to be stopping pass later, him and Nel"

"Mase I think something is wrong. I was talking to him before Jerome walked in and the last thing I heard were gun shots, now he's not answering"

"Shit" Mase cursed "I'm on my way" he said before the phone hung up.

Making my way towards my office I decided I was done for the day. Too much was going on and I just wanted badly to soak in a hot bubble bath and go to sleep.

Hearing my phone ring I quickly rushed back out to the front and answered.

"My bad sis I just had to bust down on a couple niggas" Rakim said soon as the phone connected.

"Oh my god Rakim! Don't ever in your life scare me like that again, I thought something happened to you!" I yelled into the phone.

"First of all lower your voice before I beat your ass, second who you think you talking to?"

"Rakim I'm serious!"

"I am too"

I rolled my eyes. He got on my last nerves but I loved him.

"You get on my nerves" I said while I shook my head at the same time Mase was walking in with Nas behind him.

"You too young to have nerves" he laughed.

"Bye Rakim!"

I hung up the phone before turning to Mase who gave me a questionable look.

"That was Rocky?" He asked.

"Yeah he's good" I nodded before turning my attention on Nas.

"Hi Nasir"

He chuckled "What's up Aaliyah how are you feeling?"