Cold Hard Stone Part 7

"Grr..!!" The wargs growled, and howled in the distance. Sending chills down my spine. From the drops, and the speed we had to run, I got separated from Kili's grip. Although Fili was behind me still, that was going to change soon enough. *Tumpthumphump!* My heart raced fast slamming against my chest. I had to take bigger breaths to try, and keep ahead. To my shock most of the dwarves beat me in running. I couldn't catch up to them. How is that possible!? I had longer legs than them.

As we were upcoming to the trees, my eyes wide seeing the edge of the cliff. Right away knowing this was not going to end on a happy hobbit note. While I ran I could hear the sound of two slim objects sliding into my quiver, then seeing the blonde Fili bolt ahead of me. 'Oh!' He gave me my arrows back, well the only two I had.

'Ha stupid legs run faster! I'm being beaten by dwarves!' I yelled. "GGGrr!!" The sudden closer sound of warg approach made my legs kick into high gear. Bilbo was a few meters behind me. I felt soo bad, but I wasn't sure if it would be a good idea to turn around, and help or keep running. 'Ugh! w-why is this so hard?!'

"Hurry into the trees, all of you!!!" Gandalf ordered from ahead.

"Quickly now!"

"Ha..Ha HA Ugh...!" I breathed harder, as my legs took longer, and faster steps. Feeling a sudden rush of adrenalin in me, I ducked my head down pulling my arms in, and bolted ahead to the tree where the brother's were just about to climb up into. 'Go...' My eyes narrowing like some while animal's with the will to live. I bolted in their direction jumping up over the rocks, and landing swiftly like a cat. My breathing for some reason getting focused, and steady as my legs, and throat hurt less. *Thudthudthud!* I could hear my feet pound against the ground.

Thorin who was up in his position looked down at us to see if were were up yet, and how many of us were still left on the ground. His eyes only landing on me for a second, seeing me charge towards them full speed ahead, with such ease it even surprised him, he could sense the fire burning in my veins. Impressed he smirked a bit to himself knowing I was starting to learn more, and more. Deep down it eased his mind, knowing he had to worry a bit less. His smirked was soon replaced by fear, seeing the wargs closing in on us, and I was still below the trees.

"Hurry _____! up here!" Kili called out to me, with his brother next to me trying to flag me down, as he had his hand held out to me ready to grab.

"I..will fight..." I whispered to myself. "Hyahhh....!" I jumped up to one of the high branches where the two were. The air swaying my hair, and clothes. Kili's, and Fili's arm coming out to grab my wrist, as I lunged up, as the wargs started getting dangerously close. "Got you!" I could feel two strong hands grasp my arm. Pulling my human form up, as I dug my feet into the side of the tree trying to help the brothers.

"It's alright, you are light. Let us do the work." Seeing the pleading look in Kili's eyes to let go. I did I was said. My body falling a bit limp. Just like that I felt myself shoot up into the tree from them. "Ha..! got it." I gripped the branches, feeling the bark dig in under my nails, scratching up my fingers, as I clawed my way up into the tree. I didn't look down, I kept going higher, and higher. To the amusement of some of them, I didn't stop. Not until I reached the very top. Climbing trees was easy for me, for some reason it seemed even more from this situation. Getting two surprised gawking looks from below as I sped up the tree. 'L-ittle more!' I forced myself up, branches, leaves slapping me across the face, but no I did not stop.

Just as I pulled my scratched dirty form, I felt the tree shake like mad. "Gh..!" *Swooh!* The tree shook us all. Gripping the branch with my life , I sat down on the highest branch, where the wind blew the strongest, but keeping me far away from the ground.