Chapter 15: Inuyasha?!

Mom put the bag on the table and grandpa and I sat down..

"so, how was your day.." she asks as I removed the to-go containers from the bag.

"It was alright, but nothing much interesting happened today.." I reply.

"Oh, I'm sure you had fun helping grandpa clean out the shed.." she assumed.

I nervously look away, grandpa narrowed his eyes at me.

I didn't reply so she adds, "well, have some lunch. Kagome and Sota will be back from school in a couple of hours, maybe you should get some rest before then, you look exhausted.."

I had dust and dirt all over my clothes and face, and my eyes were red and tired.

"Yeah, I think I'll get a bath before I take a nap. I'm completely covered in dust.." I pull on my shirt, little pieces of dust fell on the floor.

"Take your time dear.." She looks over her shoulder as she digs in a brown bag and puts groceries in the cabinet.

I push a container and chopsticks over to grandpa, then pick up mine and start eating.

about half an hour later I gathered my clothes and went to the bathroom to take a hot bath.

I laid my clean grey pajama bottoms and another black T-shirt on the towel shelf.

and ran my hot water as I stripped off my old sweaty clothes, I dunked them in the hamper and slowly stepped into the bath.

I closed my eyes and soaked in the soapy water after washing, the second half of the hour passed.

POV Change>

Kagome pushes open the front door in a graceful pose like she was an actor ready to perform..

"Mom!! I'm home!!" She shouts excitedly.

Sota walks inside under her arm and rolls his eyes, heading towards the kitchen.

"Hello dear! How was school?" Mom yells back.

"Fine! I'm going to change. be back in a minute!" She replies.

"Okay! Saki is in the bathtub just so you know!" Mom informs her.

"Kay!" Kagome runs off.

My POV>

The door creaks open, and I open my eyes.

"Kagome?"

"what are you doing home so early? Mom said a couple of hours." I confusingly ask.

"They let us out early today, it was something about a school board meeting.." she explains.

"Oh, well, welcome home Kagome." I happily greet.

"Ah, it's good to be back," she assured, leaning over the sink with a smile.

I wasn't sure if she was saying it's good to be home, Or if she meant good to be back from the feudal era.

it sort of made me feel sad..

we were quiet as she puts on her pajamas..

"Hey, Saki.." She says calmly as she turns toward me, but catches an eye full of Inuyasha peeping through the little glass window above the tub.

"Huh?" I look at her.

"what's wrong Kagome?" I ask.

she slowly points up at the window, with a twitching eye.

I slowly turn around and look, I instantly grunt and furrowed my eyebrows.

"Inuyasha!??!?" I shout.

he just stared funnily like nothing was wrong, and blinked multiple times at once calmly.