MICHELLE

Harry walked me back to my house. I dropped on the couch and bawled my eyes out. Harry let me cry on his shoulder.

  "Why is he so possessive? We weren't even dating! Now he's angry at me??"

  "He likes you, MJ. Obviously, he's jealous. That's it. You didn't do anything wrong."

  "I'm just afraid of losing my best friend." He hugged me.

  "You guys will work it out. It'll all turn out fine in the end. If something horrible happens between the two of you, just call or text me and I'll come over." He gave me a piece of paper. He smiled at me and I smiled back. Suddenly his phone vibrated.

  "My driver just texted me. I really should be going now, MJ." He kissed me on the forehead and then stood up.

  "I'll come back tomorrow, I promise."

  "Looking forward to it." I replied. He waved goodbye as he closed the door. I walked up to my room and sat on the bed with a book in my hand. When I started reading, I heard knocking on the window. It was Peter.

  "I really want to talk to you." He mouthed. I've had enough for today. I need to rest.

  "Not today, Parker." I covered all my windows with some movie posters hung up on my wall, since I didn't have any curtains or blinds. I grabbed my phone and headphones then put on some music and continued reading. The bracelet that Peter gave me caught my eye. I just noticed that his name wasn't showing at all, it was flipped the entire time. I flipped it back and read his name over and over again. I started crying and had to remove my headphones and stop reading. Why did I have to shut him out?

*** The next day ***

      It's a Saturday. Finally, some rest. After taking a shower and eating breakfast, our doorbell rang.

  "I'll get it, Dad!" When I opened it, it was the guy I wanted to see again, Harry.

  "Hey, you came back!" I said, hugging him.

  "'Course I did. I made a promise."

  "Come in." We sat on our couch at the exact position as yesterday.

  "So, have you talked to Peter yet?"

  "No. He knocked on my room window yesterday. But I didn't bother answering him. I... shut him out."

  "Has he tried coming over today?" I shook my head.

  "Well then, when are you planning to talk to him?"

  "I don't know. Maybe when he comes over again? I have no idea." As if on cue, the doorbell rang.

  "Coincidental?" said Harry.

  "I'll open it." I said. And as I opened the door, a devastated Peter Parker is found right outside my house.

  "Look, Michelle, I'm so sorry about how I acted yesterday. Too much jealousy came over me and I.. I lost control and I'm sorry."

  "You.. were jealous?"

  "Yes, of the two of you."

  "Why?" asked Harry.

  "Because..." Peter hesitated.

  "Just spill it, mate."

  "MJ, I've liked you ever since you moved here, basically. I thought all the signs I gave you was enough to show you that I like you. I jumped to the conclusion that you also liked me when you kissed me back when we were younger. That was, and always will be, the best day of my life. And I don't know, I thought we were kinda official when you and I almost kissed before Harry arrived."

  "Oh, so I did disturb something.." Harry said to himself.

  "And I guess I was wrong. Maybe you didn't like me back, and that whole scene was just remaking our first kiss."

  "Well, I thought you didn't like me anymore. Especially when Liz arrived."

  "I was just trying to make you jealous. It's always been you MJ, only you."

  "How cheesy." said Harry, which made the both of us chuckle.

  "We have been best friends since we were 8 years old. And ever since, it's been one crazy adventure after the other. And all those things we went through, we always had each other. My point is, I'm not asking you to forgive me. But you're my best friend in the whole world. I need you." Peter held my hand. I realized that I started tearing up. "It'll always be you and I, MJ. It'll always be us against the world, till the end of time." I jumped in his arms and hugged him ever so tightly.

  "I love you, Peter." I said.

  "I love you too, MJ." He replied.

  "Good job, the two of you made up. How cliché." Harry said, standing up and slow clapping. "What's next, you two gonna kiss?" He continued.

  "Why not?" I whispered then Peter pulled me into him, crashing our lips together.

  "Called it!" said Harry. "Let me guess, I'm the usual third-wheel, huh?"

  "Yep." said Peter, and all of us laughed.

  "It's fine. I'm used to it." Harry replied.