PETER

"How you doing, mate?" asked Harry, my best friend since I was 4.

  "It's been a while, Harry. God, I've missed you." I stood up and gave him a hug.

  "So have I."

  "Anyways, what're you doing here?"

  "We're staying for a couple of months. Dad said he needed to take a break from work and he took me with him."

  "But what about your school works and stuff?"

  "Ahh, I see things haven't changed. You still care that much about education."

  "Of course, why wouldn't I?"

  "You shouldn't worry about me. I've been homeschooled for 2 years now, bruv."

  "Damn. 7 years changed your accent as well."

  "I know. 5 years in a British school can change you a lot." He said. Then continued, "Did I... disturb something here?" He pointed at me, then MJ, then vice-versa.

  "Not really. MJ, meet Harry, my other childhood best friend. Harry, meet MJ, my... classmate." The two shook hands.

  "Is he the guy that used to live in our house?" asked MJ.

  "Yes, he is." I replied.

  "Well, are you two a thing, then? You hesitated when you were introducing her to me." Harry pointed out.

  "Umm..." The both of us were silent. What are we?, I thought. The kiss earlier, did it mean anything?

  "You guys want me to get y'all snacks?" said Aunt May, as if on cue."

  "Yes please. I'm famished." said Harry, and he went downstairs. Me and MJ looked at each other and gave a sigh of relief.

  "Bloody hell, come on then! There are gonna be no snacks left if you two don't come down here." said Harry. We laughed and did as told.

***A few snacks later***

  "Well, I think I've caught up with everything." said Harry after I told him everything he's missed these past 7 years. I didn't completely tell him everything that happened though. I left out the part that I am Spiderman.

  "Where'd you say your dad works?" asked MJ.

  "At the Oscorp Industries UK branch. He used to work at the New York branch though. Near here."

  "My mom used to work there."

  "Oh, really? What was her position?"

  "I'm not sure. I remember when she'd bring me to work with her because I couldn't be left alone at our house whenever dad had to run some errands. At first, I was so terrified when I walked into Oscorp. I was so careful not to touch anything. Everything was so high-tech and expensive."

  "Oh hey, my dad used to take me into work as well. I remember seeing always seeing this girl there. She always wore pigtails on her hair."

  "Oh my gosh, you're the guy that looks like Sam from Love Actually? The one I kept seeing?"

  "You were the girl who had curly brown pigtails?"

  "Well, duhh." said MJ, grabbing some of her hair and showing it to Harry, almost shoving it on his face.

  "So you two have known each other.."

  "Well, I guess. I mean, we never really properly introduced ourselves to each other back then. Since we were always the only two kids in the building, we were kinda close, I guess. Until, you know.. My mom..." MJ started crying. I put my arm on her shoulder and pulled her closer to me.

  "I'm so sorry for your loss, MJ." Harry held her hand that was on the top of the table. I gave a slight cough.

  "You guys want more snacks? Or I could order pizza of you guys want some."

  "Yeah. Pizza's good, Aunt May." I replied. She went towards the phone and made the call.

  "What're we gonna do while we wait? I mean, it's Friday, right? It's the time to sit back and chill." said MJ.

  "Wanna watch a movie? I got tons. Mostly Aunt May's choices but yeah."

  "Surprise us." said Harry. I went upstairs and grabbed the first CD on the stack: Love Actually. An all-time favorite of Aunt May and Uncle Ben. And because of them, it became my favorite too. I remember on cold days, mostly on Christmas time, she'd make all three of us hot chocolate and we would watch this movie. We still do it even though Uncle Ben isn't here with us anymore.

  "Nice choice, bruv." said Harry as I put the CD in the player.

      The three of us sat on the couch, MJ in the middle while Harry and I on opposite ends. Suddenly, I felt my hair tingling. Spidey senses. The movie started to play.

  "Hey uhh.. guys.. stay here, I'm just gonna run a few errands. It's kind of an emergency, so... yeah. Bye!" I was about to leave as I said goodbye to Aunt May and grabbed my backpack by the door, but then MJ suddenly grabbed me by the wrist.

  "Where are you going?" She asked.

  "Spiderman stuff." I whispered.

  "Good luck. And be careful out there."

  "I will, and don't worry about me. And please, can you stay?"

  "I'll wait for you."

  "Watch the movie while waiting. Love you." As I uttered those last two words to her, she grinned and punched my arm playfully.

  "You too." She mumbled, and returned back to the couch.

  Time to kick some ass and save the world, I thought.