My Life

Two knocks cut through the laughter and commotion in T'Challa's room. Everyone stopped and stared at the door. Shuri glanced at her watch from the table where she tinkered with your jewelry. "Oh my god, it's 7:00." Shuri yelled as everyone began to scramble around you. Shuri started placing jewelry on you while Aaliyah finished styling your hair. Maia and Sydney ran to the closet grabbing your dress and heels.
"Is everything ok. We did say 7 right Kaia?" T'Challa yelled through the door.
"Yes, we're coming." You yelled back.
Shuri shooed everyone into the closet as she walked to the door. Maia pulled you into the closet as she zipped the back of your dress. Sydney handed you a shoe as she shut the closet door.
You heard Shuri open the door. "Hello brother," you could hear the sass clear across the room.
"Sister, would you have happened to have seen my love recently. We were supposed to be on a date about 10 min ago." He inquired walking towards the closet.
Panicked Shuri stepped in front of him, " she'll be done soon."
"Great. I just need to grab a dinner jacket," he smiled walking to the closet.
"You can't," Shuri said blocking the door.
"Why not?"
You threw open the doors holding your purse and T'Challa's dinner jacket, "because you my good man, chose to date a boss," you smiled as you noticed his stare as you walked out of the closet. Your heels struck the floor in perfect time to crazy in love.

 Your heels struck the floor in perfect time to crazy in love

You walk over and smile up at him

You walk over and smile up at him. "Hello," you whispered, kissing his lips lightly. "Hello," he breathed. "You need this," you whispered handing him his jacket.
"I'm not sure anymore. The temperature rose thirty degrees when you walked in," his goofy smile took over his face as you groaned and rolled your eyes. "You had to ruin the moment," you grinned.
"With sexual tension like that, I just can't resist," he grinned pulling you closer, " you are breathtaking," he smiled at you.
" Thank you, Ive never had a dress custom made for me. Iyala made it. She wanted it to bring you to your knees."
T'Challa swung you out into spin. "Whatever Iyala puts her mind to, she achieves." He pulled you close and kissed you, " but you were late," he mumbled as he pulled away. He walked away and handed you a jacket.
You walked over and straightened his shirt and bow tie before smiling, " the future Queen is never late, the king is simply early." You smiled as he extended his arm.
"And who taught you that," he asked as you strolled down the halls together.
"Julie Andrews, in the princess diaries," You laughed as you got into the car that was waiting for you both. Once you were both inside the cars started moving.
"How was your day?" He asked interlacing your fingers as the car bounced slightly over the roads.
"Great, tiring,challenging," you replied laying your head on his shoulder. His hand traveled to your arm pulling you closer. Absentmindedly rubbing his hand up and down your arm.
"Wanna talk about it?" he asked looking down at you.
"Sure. Well first. Iyala is amazing and I'm going to blow you away with these dresses. Your mother loves all the dresses too. I think they're going to be perfect." You smiled thinking about all of your dresses.
"According to Shuri, I looked like black panthers wife," you giggled remembering her comment from earlier.
"Well, that's promising," he chuckled, " how was she outfit shopping?"
"I think she enjoyed herself, she got some really nice stuff. I think she'll feel like a semi normal teenager somewhat. And she looks good. Y'all are gonna have to worry about her pretty soon." You said.
"What! Why?" T'Challa bolted upright.
"Not her, but little Wakandan boys. If they're teenage boys, I'm sure they're just as bad as the ones when I was younger." You laughed as horror spread across T'Challa's face.
"If they're as bad as me, they won't get very far with my sister.," he laughed.
"As bad as you?" You said lifting one eyebrow.
He kissed the back of your hand, " that my love is a story for another day,"
As you laughed he finally asked the question he'd been wanting to ask since he saw you in that beautiful silk dress, " and the surprise stop?" He felt you slightly tense before sighing.
You tossed him a small smile, " it was good. I actually turned and walked out of the store at first." You sighed grabbing his hand.
"Why?" He lifted your chin searching your face.
"After Darius left me, it hurt to look at anything white. It seemed to taunt me you know. I never wanted to touch another wedding dress for anybody. I didn't want to get married again." You mumbled the last words as you moved your face from T'Challa's grasp.
"Not even for me," you could hear the fear in his voice as he asked the question.
"Oh god no, I would love to marry you. It was never, and never will be because of you. It was me. I was afraid. I didn't want to put all of my hope in you for you to leave me like Darius. I understand though, that you're not him. And it's not fair to you, your family, my family, my friends, Wakanda, and most importantly, myself to keep using that pain as an excuse to not live up to my potential." You smiled nervously at him.
"You said Wakanda?" He asked, "does that mean...."
"Yes, T'Challa Udaku son of T'Chaka Udaku the Brave. If you decide to ask me to marry you and become queen of Wakanda, I'm willing to give up life as I know it to stand by your side and make our own happily ever after."
T'Challa stared at you for a minute straight. As the car pulled up the the restaurant T'Challa grabbed your hand and stepped out of the car with you. As the cameras flashed all around you, T'Challa stopped, pulling you close he kissed you. The passion flowed through the kiss weakening your knees as the flashes went off around you.
When he pulled away, he smiled at the camera before escorting you inside the restaurant.
As you sat down dinner was served. You both carried on light conversation.
Soon one of T'Challa's favorite songs came on.
(Start music)
You noticed him humming softly.
Once all alone.. I was lost....
"Would you like to dance?" T'Challa asked extending a hand.
"I would love to,your highness," you smiled.
"Don't ever call me that," he laughed.
You smiled as he wrapped his arms around
your waist. You sighed softly pulling yourself closer and laying your head on his chest.
You are the sun. You make me shine.. you are my day time my night time,my world. You are my life.
You both swayed softly. Everyone cleared the floor out of respect for T'Challa. You were aware of the stares , but T'Challa's presence comforted you. "Will I ever get used to this?" You asked. "No, but I'm always right here next to you. You are never alone no matter how far I am from you. I'm never gone, just far away." He said as you swayed. Pulling yourself closer. Missing him already. He began twirling you around the floor.
You gave me strength... you gave me hope... you opened my eyes....
As you swayed around the dance floor you looked up at T'Challa. "Shuri called me big sister today, when I first put on the wedding gown. It brought me to tears. Your mother was the one who encouraged me to put it on. She cried with my mom," You wiped a stray tear from your eye, remembering dress shop fashion show.
"Why are you crying?" He asked, kissing each tear as it rolls down your face.
"Because there are so many people fighting for this, us, to happen and it makes me proud. These people I don't even know, are making me strong. " you sniffle settling back into his chest. He pressed a light kiss to you're forehead. "Spoken like a true queen," he whispered. He pulled you close and kissed you as the song headed into its last refrain.
You are the moon... close in my heart.....you are my life....
As the song's final noted faded out. Cheers broke out around you as normal dinner chatter resumed all around you. T'Challa bowed with you as he swayed you back to your table. Kissing you one last time, he pulled away to grab his jacket. T'Challa left a note and a large tip on the table as your grabbed your stuff and you walked back out to the car.
"I love you Kaia, Anderson." T'Challa said as the cars pulled off.
"I love you, T'Challa Udaku."
*******************************************
I'm sorry! I've been swamped this weekend. I hope you enjoy.