Chapter One

Humans like to invent. We like to discover and innovate, do things no one has done and see things no one has seen. The universe is filled with things we can't even imagine exist, and some people appreciate that. I thought I was about to go to a place where those people thrived - the RASC (Royal Canadian Space Agency).

Yet another thought burned in my mind: What if those people are merely stuck behind a desk 40 hours a week, staring at a computer screen? What if they don't want some 19 year old intern-girl to get on their nerves? What happens when I go to that huge agency, and my bored and annoyed guide leaves, and I have to magically know what to do? Anyway, I thought as I stared at the Moon and the early morning stars, I'm going to go downstairs, then on the bus, then to my first internship at the RASC. 

My first internship at the RASC. 

*           *          *           *           *          *         *         *          *         *          *          *          *          *          *          *         

I got off of the bus, and the immediate wind intimidated me. Though, the city sounds of cars and workers on cell phones, oddly, reminded me that the world is still human, and so are the people at the RASC. I opened the door into the building and another young looking guy, maybe another intern, went up to the receptionist. I did the same, and was led to a room with him where a blond woman, looking about mid-30s greeted us with a smile and introduced herself as Chloe Masters. I hoped she's our guide. I wanted someone who seemed enthusiastic about their profession. 

The curly-brown-haired and blue-eyed intern introduced himself as Alonzo Lucifer. I introduced myself as straight-brown-hair and brown-eyed Nicole Fallingwood. Alonzo looked uninterested and kept staring at the floor. When he gave me a light smile, I realized he was just shy.