Chapter 7

Five years later...

A brown haired toddler sat on the windowsill, gazing out at the forest around the Tortuga, her plush lemur in her arms. Her daddy and Uncle Martin had left that morning and she hadn't moved since then. Aviva glanced over at the five year old, slight concern on her face. "Cassidy hasn't moved since Chris and Martin left creature adventuring. I've tried getting her to help me with some inventing, but she wouldn't move." "I know what you mean Aviva, I'm worried she might be too attached to Chris." Almost as if on cue, Chris and Martin entered the room. "Daddy!" Chris nearly tripped over his baby girl as she pounced on his boot. "Shouldn't you be getting ready for your nap, young lady?" "We tried, she had been at the window since you guys left earlier." Chris was surprised to hear that and gazed at his daughter worriedly. "Maybe we should try taking her out with us sometime. I mean she can't be cooped up in the HQ all her life." Martin said. Chris realized his brother had a point. Cassidy shouldn't have to spend her life indoors. "You're right. We'll head out after she's had her nap." Both Cassidy and Martin pouted at that, but complied nonetheless... Chris tried to keep a firm grip on his daughter as she bounced around excitedly, before he finally placed her in his shirt pocket. She was eager to see everything. They hopped on the buzzbikes and were off. Cassidy saw deer, moose and a wolf pack all in pretty much one sitting. Chris was glad she was loving it so much, realizing just how special she was to him.