The Game Begins Now

Tsuna knew he has a humble heart. He needs, no, he must help a friend in need. In this case, as a responsible boss, he also need to think about the consequences. Vongola might be known to be the strongest, but Amarylls should never be underestimated. For his guardians--his friends--to join such a deadly game, Tsuna must think everything through.

"Please tell me more about their boss, Verde." Tsuna asked him politely. Although coated with pleasant manners, Verde felt an order casted upon him. He sighed at the great transformation Tsuna has come through.

"Anything for Vongola's 10th boss." Verde answered with a sarcastic tone, though no one can tell if he's actually being sarcastic.

He started to tell us stories about his life before he worked with the Vongola. One time, several men from Amarylls came to his lab requesting for a killer machine. Of course, they will pay him quite the juicy deal. Verde was no idiot, though. He requested to meet with their boss first to know what they need his creation for.

"I didn't think they would actually bring me to their boss," Verde said. "But they did." He continued, "I was amazed, actually. She doesn't look strong, yet something tells me she must be powerful."

"She?" Tsuna caught the word interesting.

"Yes, their boss is a wonderful girl." Verde answered, "And she is about your age." He pointed at Tsuna. The brunette tried to look around him to see who the man in the lab coat was pointing at. After a few seconds, he then realized it was him that Verde was pointing at.

"Someone leading a family so greatly feared even though she's as young as Tsuna," Byakuran glanced at the Vongola.

"But they got this... thing about them and their challenges. Let's just say abnormal." Verde started to sound like he doubted his own explanation. He even looked like he didn't want to continue. Even with all hesitation, Tsuna knew he must find out more about what he was about to face.

"Please, Verde. Tell me more." Tsuna demanded.

Verde can only sigh at the sight of the Vongola boss. What more can he do but tell them how Amarylls never played their game with sanity? Who knows if they were just taught to be what they are now, or were merely insane from the start.

"Anyways, their games will always have two things in their list. The first thing is humiliation. The second is death." Verde continued with two fingers raised. Suddenly, his face brighten and he started eyeing on Tsuna like he was planning on something. Tsuna was horrified for a second, definitely will never want to know what was filling the scientist's mind. "Knowing you, it will be okay." Verde loosen the tension. "I'll help."

Tsuna spent several minutes silent. If death must happen, it also means that he has to kill. Not that he has never taken a life before by now. Reborn had made sure that Tsuna has what it takes to kill. Still, Tsuna put everything into consideration.

The time finally come for him to decide. He stood up with a face which everyone recognizes. A face of confidence. "Alright. Vongola will participate in the game."

"Simon, too, will participate." Enma said with a smile.

"I-I'll do my best to support you all!" Yuni doesn't want to lose the role.

"Everyone, thank you for your will to cooperate. With three bosses, we should be able to beat Amarylls. Millefiore will now report in the official agreement to the invitation." Byakuran grinned and gestured to a nearby henchman to type in a computer the message. 

Gokudera gulped. He didn't mean to doubt his boss, but he's just nervous about him participating in such a dangerous game. Tsuna's determined look assured him that things will be fine. At least, for now...

Several minutes went by and the group is now having a more casual talk, may it be about their box animals or simply life at work. They all turned their heads towards the door when a henchman came in and reported to Byakuran a reply from Amarylls. He handed over the envelope with shaky hands.

Everyone went silent as the air grew tense. Even Byakuran was not smiling. He walked back to his seat and tore open the seal to show everyone a piece of paper noting "The game begins now."

"The game begins... now?" They all muttered to themselves when the glass windows shatter open and black figures enter with the rushing wind. Everyone immediately readied their battle stances, only to find thick black smoke everywhere! 

Tsuna tried to rely on his other senses and heard battles somewhere in the cloud of smoke. There were thuds and smacks, sounds of furniture destroyed, Gokudera screaming for the tenth, people falling, and more in the chaos. He then caught a glimpse of light through the smoke and dodged what seemed to be a tranquilizer dart. 

Tsuna then sensed another danger from behind him and quickly grabbed onto the person behind him and threw him or her down in front of him. Behind the person could get away, Tsuna pulled the stranger closer and asked, "Who are you?"

The person just smiled, though Tsuna can barely see it in the smokescreen. Tsuna attempted to interrogate further, but before another word escape his lips, the person blew into his face. She then hit Tsuna's arm and broke free, sending a kick on his chest as a platform before disappearing into the black smoke. 

Tsuna quickly recovered himself, but started to feel weird. Thinking suddenly a hard thing to do and his muscles started to relax on their own. He tried to focus his eyes to the person walking closer to him, but even his own eyes betrayed him. Before long, all he could do was lay on the floor and listen.

Damn! It must be that thing that person blew on me! Tsuna thought.

"You are pretty good, Vongola." the stranger finally spoke.

A girl. Could she be...?

"Ah... yes, it might be rude to not introduce myself early on, but please sleep well for now. We do not need you to discover our game location. You have my word that every one of your friends here will be safe and sound." the girl said again in a calming tone.

Finding it so hard to think any further, he trusted the voice and gave in to slumber.