Famiglia Games

The car was only filled with silence. Tsuna sat on the window seat awkwardly, trying to space out to safe himself from reality.

Beside him was Gokudera who insisted on coming along. He was looking down at the car floor. Who knows what he was thinking about right then.

On the front passenger seat was Verde, looking outside the window like one day the world will be his to rule. Maybe he was planning about something. A new invention, perhaps?

"Vongola 10th," the driver broke the silence.

"Yes?" Tsuna glanced, a little surprised, actually.

"How did Vongola manage to be an ally of Millefiore?" The driver asked out of curiosity.

"Hahaha, that was a long story," Tsuna laughed and started telling him everything. His fights, his alliance, everything. Upon listening, Gokudera nodded proudly with every word that Tsuna said. Verde, on the other hand, acted as if he's not listening while his gaze focused outside the car window, calculating his next moves.

Time flew by and the wheels has stopped. They took a step out of the car, breathing fresh air, strecthing a bit as their eyes met the amazement of the Millefiore mansion.

"Welcome! Welcome! Please come in, Tsunayoshi-kun!" Byakuran rushed out of the main gate like a little child.

"Byakuran." Tsuna greeted him with an awkward smile.

Byakuran and Gokudera switched gaze and Verde watched everyone enter the mansion.

Byakuran led his guests to a big room they often use for meetings. Enma was already there. Alone.

"Tsuna!" Enma's tired eyes widen when he saw the brunette as if he never seen the sky after being burried for a million years.

"Hello, Enma." Tsuna greeted him and took a seat beside the Simon boss. He looked around to see more faces but all he saw is just Enma.

"Where are the others?" Tsuna asked.

"What do you mean the others?" Enma asked Tsuna back. It's as if he doesn't expect anyone else to come. Tsuna completely ignored this.

"So who are we waiting for?" Tsuna looked at Byakuran.

"Me."

A girl entered through the door. The boys stared at her for moment, enjoying the sweet look she has in her causal clothes.

"Yuni!" Tsuna smiled. Flashbacks started coming back to his mind. All the times they spent together, those battles they went through. Now they're here, together again.

Gokudera was sitting on a sofa beside Tsuna as he usually will do in every meeting he attend. Verde was on the other sofa around the big coffee table beside Gokudera. Beside Verde was where Yuni picked to sit.

"Alright, everyone!" Byakuran clapped his hand to get all the eyes on him. "Let's start the meeting."

At that mere second, the air became tense. All ear holes are open for what Byakuran was going to announce.

"Is it about Reborn?" Tsuna asked.

"Reborn? No, no. Instead, I have a request to ask you." Byakuran giggled. "You see... It's really hard to make friends here in the mafia world... and I kinda ACCIDENTLY annoy a certain family..."

"And thus you somehow made yourself yet another enemy." Tsuna figured. Byakuran couldn't care less and just nodded with his grin.

"Why do you need our help, anyways? I mean, Millefiore has always been a strong family as I remembered..." Enma asked with a tired tone.

Byakuran sighed as if he has been telling people the story for quite a while. It didn't take much time before a smug look returned to his face. He walked across the room towards a projector and turned it on, revealing a map. The bosses were squinting their eyes, trying to get a better look on the screen.

"We were challenged to a game here." Byakuran pointed. Everyone's eyes rolled to where his finger was pointing. It revealed a green surface which appeared to be a hill. "A life-or-death game."

Enma grew uncomfortable the more he observed the map. He seemed to recognize it somewhere. Upon digging up his memory, he found a word that hit the trigger. Tsuna noticed the horrified look on Enma's face.

"What's wrong?" asked Tsuna.

"Byakuran..." called Enma. "The family that you messed with... could it be...?"

There was a slight pause between the redhead and the rest. It was so sudden, you could start to notice the ticking sounds of the clock hanging on the wall.

"That's right." Byakuran sneaked a marshmellow into his mouth. "It's the Amaryllis family."

The tension written on their faces rised. Amaryllis--also known as the great underground mafia family--was the enemy their ally had made out of his own carelessness. Right now, they couldn't decide either to be more surprised about the new information entering their ears or with Byakuran's ability to eat marshmallows out of nowhere.

Byakuran explained calmly about the game they were challenged to do. Each team was allowed to bring up to 3 allied family bosses to assist them in battle. Yes, just the bosses. Byakuran pointed up again at the projector. The projector revealed an open field in the middle of nowhere. That's where they're gonna play.

"So you're asking us to participate in the challenge?" sighed Tsuna with patience. Byakuran's silent smile answered all his questions.

Gokudera clenched his teeth. He hesitated at first but then stood up with anger in his voice. "Why the hell do you have to drag the 10th into something so dangerous?"

"Gokudera, calm down." Tsuna spoke calmly. He then watched Gokudera slowly sat back to where he was without questioning.

Byakuran smiled at the bosses, waiting for their answers. Yuni has already made up her mind to be of help.

"I will participate if Tsuna does too." Enma answered.

"Why me?" laughed the brunette awkwardly.

"I don't know." Enma muttered under his breath. "I just think that you make the best decisions."

Tsuna gulped. He can't just choose to participate in a dangerous game and play a hero, especially when his friends are dragged along. He took some time to think and calculate his moves.

"Did the Amaryllis told you what kind of game are you going to play?" Tsuna asked the silverhead.

Byakuran nodded. "Nothing in detail. However they do mention deaths in the game."

That's not very helping, thank you. Tsuna hissed.

"Maybe I can help you make up your mind, Vongola 10th."

Everybody turned their heads to the greenette, Verde. He got up from his seat as everyone watches him walk. Finally he stopped behind Tsuna's sofa. He bended down to his level.

"How are you going to help me decide, Verde?" Tsuna grew even more suspicious on the scientist.

"Well..." Verde prouldy confessed, "I've met their boss once. Amaryllis'."