2

The light turned green.

"My parents are sick and tired of me wasting my money on unnecessary things." He admitted. I didn't know what to say I was speechless. "But that's a good thing isn't it? I mean, not good, good, but- wasn't this what you were looking for?" Bennett sighed. "I'm not devastated, but I'm not completely overjoyed, its just that they're things like the base, that'll soon fade away because I'll not be able to pay them anymore" I doubted it for a second, but shook it off and placed my left hand on top of his right hand which was on the gear shift. "Bennett, you know were not your friends out of interest, and rich or not we'll still be there for you" he stiffened at my touch, but relaxed as soon as he heard me talk. "Even if the base is taken away from us" I added as I gave him a sincere smile.

My heart skipped a beat as I was about to remove my hand from his, but he prevented it as he intertwined our fingers and changed shift. My breathed hitched and I gathered up the courage to look in his way. There was an almost unnoticeable shade of pink spreading through his features as bit his cheek. It was a bit uncomfortable, but the thing is I wasn't sure if I wanted him to let go or to keep on holding me.
But I soon came to the conclusion that maybe he just needed a hand to hold, to feel someone's affection during this rough patch, so I just went with it.

Now that I put though in it, the past few week he wasn't paying for a thing, and he normally payed for everything. I started to think about what will happen to Bennett, it was for sure he was still going to keep his apartment, I mean, Brennan will make sure of it, and Bentley will for sure help him with something, but for some reason I didn't see it as enough I wanted to do something to help him, because deep down, his brother and sister were only helping him in the economic part, but what about the emotional one. Bennett doesn't often show any signs of feelings, but after a hundred plays of Otome game with Lynn, I've learnt how read people, I'm no cupid, like her, but I've got an eye for noticing every single move someone makes and building up a full description based on that, and after various tries on Bennett for once, I could see that he was completely vulnerable, he said it that he didn't knew of he was overjoyed or devastated, but it was pretty obvious he was a much more devastated than happy. He didn't mind spending money, because he didn't care about it, he just like the thought of pissing off his parents, but after many years depending on it, its hard that suddenly the money tap dries all out. 'Cause you don't realize what you have until you loose it.

"I'm sorry" he silently apologized, focusing on the road. I gave him a puzzled look and answered "For what?" I asked, why on earth was he saying sorry for? "For bringing you into this, I didn't want to worry you... or the guys, so thats why I didn't tell you, but I see you've been thinking about it for a while now" I was struck'd with awe as my heart tightened. "Bennett, don't be stupid, of course I'm going to worry and if you tell them, which I think you'd should, they'll probably worry even more than me, but thats what friends do, what are we if not for being there for each other during this type of times? You three where there for me, and thats something I'll never forget." I didn't realized that whilst I was saying all of this, my thumb gently stroked his hand. "But this is something different" he sighed as he pulled over and removed his hand form the gear shift. I looked through the window and saw my house. Wow, that was fast. "Different or not, well be there for you." I said before I left the car.

Dealing with Bennett was a bit exhausting he was awfully stubborn, but dangerously clever too, often guided by his thoughts and brain more that by his heart and feelings, and you don't need to be an Einstein to figure that one out.

As I got to my porch I realized that my keys weren't in my pocket, but soon sighed out of exasperation as I remembered I left them in my night stand. I rang the bell and waited. "I'll be right there" I heard my mother chirp. "Oh hey honey" she smiled as she opened the door. The sudden scent of fresh baked cookies flooded my nose. "Cookies?" I asked she didn't bake much unless... "Who's here?" I skeptically asked. "The Meyers are here" she gladly announced "And lucky for you, Raymond is too."

I wanted to curse to wind, I totally forgot. My plan was to stay out the whole day so I didn't have to be with him, and look where that got me.

"Oh" I briefly said as I went through my mom and silently walked to the kitchen with my head down. "Naomi! Look who's here!" My dad called. I cursed under my breath as I looked up and gave my best smile. "Mr. And Mrs. Meyer!" I exclaimed as I walked to them to say my hello's. "Oh, Naomi, you look much more beautiful than the last time I saw you" Mrs. Meyer said as he held my hand between hers. "Thanks....?" I answered, I didn't know whether to take it as a compliment or as an insult, but coming from her, I knew she didn't mean it in a bad way. "I'm I going to be here waiting for ever or are you going to greet me too?" I heard his voice ask. I turned around and he was leaning on the door frame arms crossed, wide smirk on his face. I did my best to keep my smile on, but as I walked to him I realized it was completely impossible. "What are you doing here" I muttered. "I was cordially invited to spend the afternoon with my good friend Naomi Lorraine, and enlighten her with my presence" He whispered back between his toothy grin. I rolled my eyes as I went upstairs, Raymond behind me. "So, why are we going to do" he smiled "We? We aren't doing anything I'm going to study you can read a book for the first time or something" I coldly answered. I actually was more infuriated by Bennett than by Raymond, but seeing as I had Raymond here and not Bennett guess who I was going to take it out on.

_*_*_*_*_*_

Heyyy, I really hoped you liked it, I thought that through out this fanfic I'm going to make all ships possible, seeing as I'm, half JORDOMI and and half BENNOMI, I'm pretty much in point were I don't know who I prefer Naomi ending up with.

Who do ship in TGGBB's????

Soooo, any whooo, I really hope you like it and next chapter is coming soon.

Bye 4 now,

VW

PS: Wanna check out more of my work? I'm also working on a project called Drugs & Candy which I think you'll like, but I don't spam, so I'll just leave it there.