Chapter 3

Seth’s POV

I woke up to my alarm beeping next to me at six in the morning on Sunday, cursing under my breath at the fact that I had forgotten to turn off my alarm after I had gotten back from work last night. Not seeing the point in going back to sleep I dragged myself out of bed and into my bathroom.

I looked like I had been hit by a truck. There were dark bags under my eyes, and frown lines starting to show. Hoping that a shower would distress me from all of this Midnight Killer stuff I took of my clothes and cranked the shower up to full heat. I don’t know how long I was standing under the steaming hot water… I was too lost in thought to notice. How could this one serial killer get away with so much without anyone noticing? And why write ‘I’m sorry’ in the diary? If you’re sorry then why...

“Hey, you taking a shower?” Kat said barging into my bathroom and interrupting my thought process.

“No I’m mowing my lawn, can’t you tell?” I said poking my head out of the luckily non-see through shower curtain to see her sitting on my sink in her usual jean shorts and tank top with a smirk on her face. “I’ll be out in a sec can u just get me a towel and close your eyes or something.”

Kat got up from my sink and tossed me a towel from the cabinet as I turned off the water. “You act like I’ve never seen you naked before.” She said as I took the towel and wrapped it around myself while still inside the shower.

“The last time you saw me naked was three years ago at camp when I lost my swim trunks in the pool.” I argued while stepping out of the shower with the towel around my waist and made my way into my walk-in closet, shutting the door behind me.

“Yeah but it still counts. And besides, that is a sight one cannot soon forget.” She said from the other side of the closet door.

I could feel my checks getting red. “Oh so you liked what you saw?”

“I never said that” Kat argued.

“You didn’t deny it…”

“How about some breakfast.” She said as I stepped out of my closet in jeans and a tight fitting shirt that showed off all of my muscles and sat down next to her on my bed.

“Breakfast is good… but maybe later.”

Kat reached her hand forward and felt my forehead. “Are you sick?”

“No.”

“Then what’s bothering you?” She said lying back onto my bed and me doing the same.

“Just college searching and stuff…” There is that feeling in the pit of my stomach again. I wish I could tell her the truth about everything! I want her to know exactly what’s going on.

Kat let out a giggle. “But it’s summer vacation! We can both worry about what college we want to go to when fall comes around.”

I let out a sigh and started playing with her dark brown hair. ”I guess your right… but there is something I wanted to ask you.”

She turned her face up so that I was staring right into those beautiful emerald eyes.

“What do you think about The Midnight Killer?” I asked.

Suddenly she turned away from me and sat up looking down at her hands that rested in her lap. I sat up too and pulled her onto my lap.

“What’s wrong?” I said turning her head so that she looked me in the eyes.

“The whole situation just scares me that’s all… “

“Yeah it scares me too… how about that breakfast now? Will that make you… wait what’s that?” I said noticing long red marks showing out from the top of her shirt. She quickly pulled up her shirt hiding the marks again.