Santa Claws

Michelle

Alfred and I munched away on cookies while watching a Christmas special on TV. It was Christmas Eve. Dick, Damian, and my Dad were out. I guess crime doesn't take a break, even on Christmas. My fat Siamese cat, Fox rested in my lap, purring in his sleep. There were a few presents that the butler and I had wrapped and set under the tree. He and I went Christmas shopping earlier in the week and I picked out something for everyone here.

"You know, Michelle. Santa won't visit if you're not sleeping." He nudged my arm.

I chuckled. "Alfred, I figured out the Santa secret a long time ago. My mom's apartment doesn't have a chimney."

He laughed along with me. "Don't tell Damian that."

My eyes widened. "He believes in Santa?"

The old man's mustache twitched. "I think he has a bit of hope that it's true. I'm sure he knows logically it couldn't work. But there's a part of him, a part that never had a childhood that wants to believe."

I smiled. Who would have known? Blunt, honest Damian would believe in Santa Claus. He was the one who helped with most of the decorations. And he did insist that Alfred make his best cookies. Holiday spirit Damian was something I could get behind. I started yawning and decided I should go to bed. Alfred smiled and waved as I made my way off to my room. I slid under the blankets and stared at the high ceiling. This would be my first Christmas without my mom. I wondered what she was doing, wherever she was. I was a little anxious to find out what would happen tomorrow. What was Christmas here like? Would I get a lot of presents? Or does my dad not like to spoil his kids?

°Time Skip°

"Wayne, wake up! Do you know what day it is?"

My eyes fluttered open at the feeling of Damian shaking me. "How do you have so much energy, you were out all night." I pouted.

Damian chuckled. Yes, my brother the stick in the mud. Chuckled. Happily. "You'll learn the secret some day." He said and pulled me out of bed.

Dick appeared in my door frame. "Is Bruce awake yet?" He asked.

Damian shook his head. "No, that's where we're headed." Damian grinned.

"Let's go!" He called to us, running down the hall. Damian ran and yanked me along. Dick pressed his ear to the door. Snickering, he opened it quietly and crept in. "We're going to jump on his bed." He told me, whispering. I grinned as he did a silent count down and we all jumped on at the same time. "WELL THERE WAS DONNER AND DASHER AND PRANCER AND VIXEN!" Dick shouted at the top of his lungs. I saw my dad smile and roll over hiding his face in the pillows. We kept jumping on his bed like a trampoline. "COMET AND CUPID AND BLAH BLAH AND BLITZEN!" He kept shouting, forgetting the words. I decided to join him.

"BUT DO YOU RECAAAALL THE MOST FAMOUS REINDEER OF ALL?!" I sang and my dad shook with laughter.

"FATHER THE SLEEPY REINDEER-" Damian shouted and my dad sat up, grabbing both of his sons and putting them in headlock. Everyone was laughing.

"Well merry Christmas everyone." My dad spoke, grinning. "Let's see what Santa brought us this time!" Letting go of the boys, he stood out of his bed.

We walked fast out of his room, Dick and I slid down the railing of the stairs laughing and we ran to the tree. I stopped in my tracks when a mountain of presents came into view and Alfred and another girl were sitting on the couch.

"Cassie!" Dick shouted going over to hug the girl.

"Dick." She said smiling softly.

My dad's hand was on my head, messing up my bed head even further. "Michelle this is Cassandra. Cassie, Michelle." He introduced.