The Distraction

"We have to go"

This was the third time he's said this. I was starting to get very annoyed, very quick. If he was serious about leaving, he would've packed our shit and left already. But no, he kept walking towards the window, pulling the curtains aside while holding a gun to his side, just to turn right around and repeat his statement.

On his fourth round I raised my hand

"If you say it again I might try to stab you" I threatened with wide eyes. If it wasn't for his glare I would've thought he was ignoring me.

"I'm not kidding, Emma. If they find us, the only thing they'll leave behind is gonna be our teeth on the

nightstand" he mumbled and I gagged.

"Wanna be any more descriptive?" I replied before standing up from the bed and coming around and touching Lucifer's arm.

He turned his head towards me, a dark look in his eyes. I sensed the tension by just one look, plus the tension in his body was as obvious as it could get. I wanted to smooth the wrinkles on his forehead or tell him it would all be okay, but I couldn't lie. Not when I didn't know what was gonna happen. We were running for our lives, literally. One second we could be okay, the next we had a bullet in our foreheads and I would leave my sister an orphan. I had to get to her and soon.

"You wanna leave but wont move from here" I mumbled and Lucifer sighed, his eyes wandering down to where my fingers were touching his skin.

I instantly removed my fingers from him as he looked like he was bothered by it.

He caught my small fingers in his hand, and pulled me against him, and a small gasp escaped my lips. Only mere inches between us. I couldn't help but raise my eyes to his, and as short as I was, he had no issues holding my body against his tall figure, making me feel weak and tiny.

"Like it or not, you're my responsibility now. I took that task when I went against my boss" he murmured, and his breath tickled my lips. I swallowed, hard, and my eyes lowered to his lips.

"Don't do that" he said then and my heart jumped.

"Don't do what?" I asked quietly, still trying to tear my gaze from his lips.

"Don't stare at me like you're begging for me to tear your clothes off... cause I will" he said, and my eyes met his quickly.

Did he say what I think he just said?

A warm sensation went down my body and I pressed my legs together, trying to keep my composure. I raised my hand and cupped his cheek, an evil smile on my lips.

"What if I do want you to do just that?" I asked in a whisper and Lucifer groaned under his breath. Then he pressed me incredibly close to his body with a quick jerk that forced a gasp from me.

"Emma, you're playing with fire" he whispered against my ear and the warm breath tickled my earlobe, sending electricity down my spine.

"What if I like fire, huh?" I whispered back. Two could pay this game, and although he may have the pants her, you needed two to tango, right?