Chapter Ten

Keith waited impatiently by the pod for nearly every moment until Lotor was out. Sometimes he laid on the floor, sometimes he paced the room anxiously. Axca had assured him that Lotor would recover but that didn't mean he wasn't still worried. Worried and enraged knowing they hurt Lotor, he knew he cared about him but he didn't realize just how much he cared until all this. Just thinking about what they did to him made him angry and frustrated, having to sit down and take a few minutes to calm down and relax.

When the pod finally did open he was right there, trying to hold up a stumbling, disoriented Lotor before he fell and hurt himself. The prince looked tired and confused until locking eyes with Keith, and a tired smile graced his lips. It was probably the softest, sweetest expression he'd ever seen on him, and it was enough to make all his worries disappear and send his heart pounding in his chest.

"How do you feel...?" He asked him quietly, helping him stand steady on his feet.

"Better... a little stiff, but much better than before." Lotor told him. He thought this would help relax the other man, but Keith suddenly gripped his arm tighter, giving him a serious look.

"Good. Now don't you ever do anything like that again!" He snapped at him. "Do you know how worried I was?! I had no idea what was going to happen to you, I lost sleep because I couldn't even imagine the situation you were in!" Tears welled up in his eyes as he ranted, which only made him angrier, but the prince listened with that same sweet smile. Finally, he simply pulled Keith into a tight hug, causing him to go quiet real quick. He could sound mad and snap and yell all he wanted, Lotor understand exactly what he meant.

"I missed you too, Keith." He said softly. The paladin slowly wrapped his arms around him and hugged him back.

"You scared me you dick..." He said, his voice cracking. He looked up at him, not even caring about the tears sliding down his cheeks. "Why would you do that? You can't throw your own well-being away for anyone, especially me!"

"Keith..." He let go of him and gently placed his hand on his cheek, wiping away a falling tear with his thumb. "I would do anything to keep you safe, no matter what the cost is. Your life means so, so much to me." He told him seriously.

"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard..." He murmured. "You shouldn't have risked all that for me..." He felt stupid saying it, here he was scolding Lotor for something he would've done himself.

"And why not? You're irreplaceable, little red. I would do everything and more to keep you safe." Keith couldn't help but crack a smile hearing that nickname again, his face going bright red.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't be upset, I would do the same for you in a heartbeat..."

"And I would probably react the same way you are." Lotor smiled and brushed Keith's hair out of his face. Keith reached up and rubbed away the last of his tears before taking Lotor's hand.

"You're sweet. You're so sweet." He said, shaking his head. "I know you probably want to rest by now but... I'm not ready to leave you just yet..."

"You're going to worry your team you know." The prince smiled.

"They'll... be fine." He knew he really shouldn't have left without letting anyone know, and it would probably be a good idea to let them know where he was, but he didn't particularly care right now.

"They must be tired of you taking off by now." Lotor put his arm around his shoulder, beginning to lead him out of the room.

"I'm sure they are, but I think they can handle at least one more night without me." He smiled. "I'll let them know what happened in the morning, I think they'll understand." He looked up at him. "Though, shouldn't you let your generals know you're out now?" He asked.