Chapter Nine

Almuna knew it was risky, doing this without explicit orders from the emperor. She had lost the kit, which was surely grounds for some sort of punishment, but she hoped that getting the information straight from the source would improve her situation. Besides, the prince offered himself in place of the kit, and well, who was she to turn down an opportunity like that?

  She found that he and the kit were very similar. Strong willed, refusing to give in. She made threats to hunt down his pet again if he didn't give in but they both knew that taking the time to do so would make it known that she lost him in the first place. Still, she couldn't say she didn't get a sense of joy from torturing the prince. Maybe she would continue to prolong it even if he gave her what she wanted. She would have fun breaking him.

***

Keith tried to get some sleep that night but he found it hard, tossing and turning for a few hours before finally giving up and sitting up in bed. Something had to be wrong, he could feel it. He jumped out of bed, figuring if he could at least get in contact with his ship and see for himself that he was okay, he would be able to rest.

He quietly made his way through the castle, trying to keep himself calm. Just a quick call, that was all it would be, he'd see Lotor, and go back to bed once he was done. It would be fine.

  He had a hard time getting a connection to Lotor's ship, he wondered what was going on. It took him nearly an hour before it went through, he held his breath waiting to see Lotor. It was Axca he saw first, Narti and Ezor at her sides, and Zethrid behind her. He felt like he was a middle schooler trying to call his crush but all four of his scary moms picked up instead.

"I need to speak to Lotor." He told them seriously. "He got back safely, right?" He asked.

  "No, he didn't." Axca said bitterly. "We've been trying to chase down that ship ever since he left to rescue you." Keith didn't blame them at all for being mad, he felt his heart sink knowing that Lotor never returned.

  "Are you sure he's still on the same ship?" He asked. He was already making a plan in his head, he had to leave immediately. Lotor gave himself up for him, Keith couldn't just leave him.

  "We're pretty sure." Ezor said. "If not, Lotors screwed." Axca gave her a look but she just shrugged.

  "I'm going to get him then." He said seriously.

  "By yourself?" Zethrid asked. "You're either really brave or really stupid." She said when he nodded in confirmation.

"I've been told it's a little bit of both." He crossed his arms. "I'm leaving as soon as possible, I don't care what it takes, I'm going to get him back."

"Going alone is like a suicide mission, you're going to get yourself killed." Ezor told him.

"Then come with me! I want Lotor back, you want Lotor back, and if it's oh so dangerous, then come with me!" He snapped. The girls looked between each other, seeming to think it over. They went as far to mute themselves so Keith couldn't hear as they discussed this. The longer it took the more irritated he got. Finally, the sound came back and Axca spoke.

"We will send you our coordinates, given that you come alone." She said.

"Trust me, I'm going to be alone."

"Good. Get here quickly then." She said it like a warning, at least Keith took it as one. Either way, he didn't need to be told twice. Once the transmission ended he took off, back to his room to get ready. He moved quickly, throwing on his marmora suit and grabbed his blade before leaving the room.

He went to head straight for the hangars, but slowed to a stop outside of Shiro's room. He was making the same mistakes he made in the first place, specifically not telling anyone where he was going He didn't want hem to worry, but he couldn't risk them trying to follow him or stop him. He knew they wouldn't approve of this, which was fine, he didn't need them to. He took a deep breath, and he kept on going.