Chapter One: Juliet Collins

*Unedited*

Chapter One:

Juliet

10 years after Love is Blind ended

I hurry around the house attempting to clean it up before Zoey gets home from school. Since I just got home from work this is the only time I can clean the house before my attention has to avert to her. Jumping around the house grabbing her clothes which are sprawled across the house I dump them in the laundry room. My blond hair tumbles out of my bun and into my face. Returning to the living room I gather up her dolls and stuffed animals putting them back in her room. Tiding up some other areas I head to my bedroom to change out of my scrubs real quickly and into a t-shirt and a pair of comfy yoga shorts. The scrubs I have to wear is because I am a RN at the local hospital. Removing the clip from my hair I allow my blond curls to cascade over my shoulders.

Just as I step out of the room I hear the front door open and I walk in to see her dark brown, curly hair flying behind her. She is kind of tall for a seven year old and is wearing a pair of jeans, a baby blue t-shirt and some converses. She is an healthy size for her age. She smiles as she drops her small backpack onto the couch. Her smile is one of the cutest sights there is. She is missing her two front teeth. Her eyes are the deep dark blue that she inherited from my family.

"Hey baby girl how was school?" I ask as I walk over to her and give her a hug and kiss on the forehead.

"It was good mommy!" she says happily and grabs my hand with her small one and leads me to the kitchen.

"That's great. What would you like as a snack?" I ask as she hops into a chair at the counter and I walk behind it ready to serve her whatever she'd like.

"Can I have pizza rolls?" she answers with a smile which I return and turn to the freezer withdrawing the bag of pizza rolls and pour some onto a plate for her and place them in the microwave to warm up.

"Your daddy will be here soon," I tell her with a smile. Her face lights up a little just as the microwave dings.

Taking out the plate I sit it in front of her. "Careful they'll be hot," I warn. She nods her head. I walk to the fridge and get her a juice box and sit it beside her plate.

"Thank you mommy. You're the best," she tells me as she cautiously picks up one of the rolls.

Walking to the sink I begin to wash the dishes and listen to Zoey eat and tell me all about her day. Once I finish she hands me her empty plate.

"I'm going to go to my room to get ready," she says and I nod.

"Alright," I reply and watch her dash off. Taking the plate she just handed me I wash it off before placing it into the drier rack.

As I dry off my hands with a dish towel the door bell rings. Tossing the towel onto the sink I hurry to the front door. Pulling it open it reveals him. He's still tall and his black hair is cute very short. His face is clean shaved and he is sporting a pair of jeans and a white button down with a black sports jacket on top of it. His nose is the same as Zoey's and so is his smile.

"Hey Juliet," he greets me with a soft smile. I take in the appearance of my high school sweetheart.

"Hello, Jace," I return the greetings. Turning from the door I call for Zoey. "Zoey you dad's here!" Today is Friday and is her weekend to spend with her dad.

Looking at Jace brings back the memories of the past. In high school I fell for Jace. He was my brother's best friend, so it had that hot secretiveness to it. Then, there was the accident and my brother losing his sight. After that I began to rebel do to the sucky all girl school and family drama. I was sick of everyone pretending everything was okay. For the record everything was not okay. My brother was shot! Everyone would dance around his feelings and no one would acknowledge the truth. The truth is everything was bond to change. So being the bratty child I was I rebelled. Jace was like my superhero. Yeah, he was a bad boy, but it made him hotter, more desirable.

As I was following of the horse of stableness he was there to catch me. Needless to say he saved me. It was as if I was Humpty Dumpty sitting on the wall and when I had a great fall he put me back together again. That's what I needed and I fell for him, hard. I could go all John Green about our love, but I won't. At first the relationship was secret. Then, we finally came out and everyone accepted it. Jace joined the army when he was 19. Our relationship was strong and I became pregnant with Zoey. A couple months after her birth when I was 20 and he was 21 we faced our biggest struggle. He was deployed. Four years later I got a phone call that ripped my heart out. He was badly injured and returned home.

His injury is to his back and left leg, giving him a limp and making him unusable for the military. Last year things became extremely rough on us and the spark died. It was really the first time we were together as a family and it didn't click. Something was missing. After a difficult struggle we decided to divorce and have spilt custody. Jace is a recruiter for an university.

"How are you doing?" Jace asks me kindness twinkling in his eyes. He snaps me out of my thoughts and gains my focus.

"I'm doing okay. How about you?" I ask him with a little awkwardness. Honestly it's going to take time for us to be normal again. I know it can happen.

"I'm alright," he replies stuffing his hands into his pocket. Just the Zoey walks into the room.

"Daddy!" she calls as she quickly makes her way to his with her bag of stuff she needs on her shoulder.

"Sweetie," he replies moving to hug her. I smile at the scene before me. There is no question that Jace loves Zoey and no question that Zoey has him wrapped around her little finger.

Apart of me wishes we could still be together for her, but that's not right we both deserve to find our true love. Though our love failed I don't regret it because I got to love him and have a beautiful daughter.

"Bye mommy, I love you," she says once she releases Jace and hugs me tight.

"I love you too little bug," I tell her leaning down to kiss her. This little girl is my world and there is no question about that. I watch as she takes her daddy's hand and they walk away. Jace giving me a small wave at the same time she does. I smile and wave back.

My life right now is a little rocking. It may not be a fairy tale. People may crisis me because I got pregnant before getting married and got divorced before I was 27. There will always be those who judge and I don't care. All these were stepping stones in my life. Everything will work out. Right know I am just happy with how it is.

*&*&

Hey! Okay first character wooo!

Were you expecting this? Next is Jace!

Now this will probably not be the last you see of Juliet. But this does tell about her... who knows maybe more will come about her;)

Anywho! I hope you enjoyed this no matter how short it was!

Next Chapter: Jace

PLEASE

VOTE!

COMMENT or i dont know what you're thinking!

SHARE tell it's here!

I love you all so much! This story is meant for a treat for you guys! For being such a wonderful followers.

Thank you all so much!

Let me know how y'all are liking it below in comments! Im open for requests, questions, and suggestions.