Chapter 6

"Kloe! You can't put your hand in front of your face, that completely defeats the purpose of me filming you!"

      "Oh, don't get your briefs in a wad, I'm just not ready yet!"

      "You've been here for an hour already. How much more time are you going to need before your ready?"

      Jack was right. It was Saturday, at 1 in the afternoon and I had already been there for an hour. What can I say though? Being filmed just doesn't come naturally! Besides that, I was to distracted by what had happened two nights ago with Scott. He hadn't even been in school yesterday, which made me think he was avoiding me. I wouldn't blame him  though, what happened had been extremely awkward.

      "Earth to Kloe! Come in Star Command!" Jack rapped his knuckles against my forehead. "Anybody home?" I swatted his hand away, giving him  a dirty look that quickly melted into an apologetic one.

      "Sorry buddy, I'm just really out of it right now."

      "It's all good! Just go to the bathroom or something and freshen up of whatever it is girls do in there. You have half an hour until show time, and we'll do something totally natural, like bake cookies or something."

      I grinned at my friend as I jumped off my stool, he knew I loved baking cookies to get my mind off of things.

      I walked to the bathroom where I just fixed my hair and reapplied my chap stick. Nothing major, it wasn't like this was Hollywood or anything.

      "Kloe?! Half an hour was an exaggeration you know! Come on, we don't have all day. Well, actually we do, but that's besides the point. Come oooonnn." He dragged out the last part of his sentence, and I could tell he was getting impatient. I hadn't thought I took that long.

      "Oh calm down, I'm ready. Now what?"

      "You're going to make cookies, while I film you. But to keep it away from the boring side, I'll ask you questions about your life while you make them. OK?"

      "Yeah, alright."

      I started going through his cabinets and pulling out ingredients, completely aware of the little red dot that meant he was recording. I tried not to let my nervousness show.

      "Kloe Kennedy, Sophomore in high school, straight A student, and an A plus friend," Jack began, in his annoying but awesome announcer voice. "Kloe tell me, what do you like to do in your spare time?"

      I measured the cup of flour carefully while answering his question. "I like reading and writing actually, I just don't have that much spare time to begin with. I'm always busy with school and homework. But I love being with friends," I dumped the flour into the large mixing bowl. "Even if they're like Jack, and rope me into doing ridiculous things like this!" I gestured towards the camera, and threw Jack a wicked smirk. He grinned back.

      "Good to know, good to know.... Alright, who is your biggest inspiration in life?"

      I grinned, knowing the answer to that one was easy. I cracked an egg against the counter before replying. "Do you know Adalia Rose? She's a five year old with Progeria, a disease which causes rapid aging. While she's only 5, she's been through so much and has the personality of a 10 year old. She doesn't look like a normal 5 year old, and some people even have the audacity to call her ugly, which I think is really sad. I think she's beautiful, and funny." I paused for a moment, looking into the bowl, and pulling out a stray piece of eggshell. "She inspires me because she is only expected to live to be 13, yet she has an amazing attitude towards life, and I think if she can look past her disease and live life to it's fullest, then I can sure as heck make it through high school."