Chapter Two-The Will to Fight

Hope's POV

I stand silent, my feet shoulder length apart, my face blank, my hands clasped behind my back as I watch the old man walk around yelling in peoples faces.

"Who the Fuck are you?!" He yells in Armin's face next to me.

"Armin Arlet sir!" The man continued down the line, moving row by row until he was yelling at a little bald kid who got the salute wrong. Poor guy...At Least It's Not Eren!

Crunch!

Everything stopped except for the girls chewing as baldy stared at her in disbelief. She had a potato clutched in her right hand and a serious look on her face. Connie, the bald kid, dangled above the ground from the guys grip on his face.

Crunch!

The girl took another bite, her eyes darting back and forth as she chewed. A small smirk darts across my face. I like this chick. My eyes darted back over to the bald couple only to see Connie crumpled to the ground and the bald guy, what's his name again? Oh yeah! Keith Shadis! We'll just call him Keith, turn to look in potato girls direction.

"Hey Fucker. What the fuck are you doing?" He asks calmly, his face a giant shadow. The girl paused and looked around before taking another bite.

"I am motherfucking talking to you!! Who the fuck do you think you are!" Keith gets up in her face and she stares at him with wide eyes, her mouth still full of potato. She gulps before doing the salute, potato still clutched in her left hand.

"Sasha Bruas, Sir!" And with that I tune everything out. That is until until this sentence makes me burst into laughter.

"You really don't know why humans eat potatoes Sir?" Everyone winces and looks between the three of us as Keith's mouth drops open and he stares between me and this Sasha with a look if disbelief. Then Sasha does something even more ridiculous.

"Tch." She takes a small portion off the end of the potato before holding it it to the confused bald man.

"You can have this half." He takes it, staring as I fall to the floor laughing my ass off.

"This....half?" I gasp for air before calming down, standing and getting back in line.

"Hope! You and Sasha Bruas here, are to run laps around the perimeter of this field until you drop!" Sasha looks at me and we grin.

Easy peasy!

"And you are not to eat dinner tonight." Sasha gasps and my grin widens.

More training!!!

I take off, my legs pumping hard as I focus on my even breathing. I had run a lot in the last five years and I wanted to exhaust myself quickly. So I sprint the whole time. This plan backfires though, since I continued running even when Sasha had to stop her weird looking jog thing. I do however, stop running when she doesn't get off the ground.

"Sasha?" I rush over to her and crouch down next to her unmoving body. I let my ear hover over her mouth and sigh with relief when I feel her warm breath fan across it. Then I hook one of her arms around my neck and slowly sit her up, dreading the next part.

"How do I do this..." I mumble to myself. Then I grin, got it! I stand and crouch in between her legs, my back facing her before grabbing her right arm and left leg, slowly leaning forward and standing up. When I'm completely standing, I have Sasha on my back as a piggy back ride. My grin widens and I start walking for the girls cabin.

*

*

*

"Hope!" Mikasa calls out my name as I open the door and stagger inside. She rushes over to me and takes Sasha off my back. I smile as she lays her down in the bed and then turns to me with worried eyes, checking my for injury quickly.