Part XIV ~ The Jealousy Game: Round Two

***30 VOTES FOR PART XV***

Hey hey, readers! As a special treat for 300 fans, here is Part XIV like I promised! A little heads up, there are only 4-5 more chapters to post! Yes, I know, it's almost over and that's sad, but this story was never intended to me very long anyway, I wrote the whole thing in a week. But I'm so glad you guys all love it so much and I might try something similar eventually!

I hope you enjoy! Love yo faces :P

******************************************

PART XIV

THE JEALOUSY GAME: ROUND TWO

I felt certain anger towards Matt these days… For one thing, Daisy was staying on set for the whole week. Secondly, while he was ‘busy’ with his ‘baby’, I barely saw him. We were supposed to practice, we made plans a week ago that he was going to help me with this a line where I had to speak like a super genius and remember like 10 big words. I waiting an hour last night to realize he wasn’t coming. Or maybe he was, I really didn’t want to think about that.

If he was having Daisy here, well so be it. I picked up my Iphone and made a call.

“Hello?” the voice on the other end answered.

“Hey, Arthur, it’s Cadence,” I said perkily.

“Oh, hey! How are you, beautiful?” he asked.

“Oh, stop it,” I pretended to giggle. “Look, are you free tomorrow? I would like for you to come to set and spend some time together, you know?”

“That actually sounds great! I’ve missed the set a lot and, well, I would never say no to spending time with you.”

“Aw, you are so sweet! Great, see you tomorrow morning then? I’ll be on set at 8am, you come by at anytime you want, Sweetie,” I forced myself to use a pet name.

“Perfect, I’ll be there around 10am. I can’t wait! See you then,” he replied excitedly.

“Me neither! Bye,” and I hung up.

I was completely aware that I was using him and I did feel terrible about it! Poor Arthur, but just one more day and I’d let him off kindly.

***

Like he said, Arthur arrived around 10am while Matt and I were filming the scene we rehearsed a few days earlier. He stood next to Daisy that he seemed to be long time friends with. The director had to warn them twice to quiet it down as both of them laughed over a joke.

Matt and I were distracted by the two and filming wasn’t as easy as he should have been. Definitely because it took me about 15 takes to get the lines Matt promised to help me with.

Finally, the director called cut one last time and we were free to go to lunch. I hurried off toward wardrobe, turning the cold shoulder to Matt. He could tell something was wrong because he caught up to me and placed a hand on my shoulder, making me face him.

“Cadence, is there something wrong? Are you mad at me?” he asked, confused.

“Forget it, you wouldn’t remember anyways,” I said coldly, making him let go of my shoulder and continuing my way.

“Wait! What are you talking about- Oh!” he finally realized. “Oh, I’m sorry, Cadence! I’m such an idiot, I didn’t think about it one second,” he rushed into apologies.

“Whatever, the scene is filmed and I made a fool out of myself. It’s too late to help now,” and I closed the door to my changing room to get back into my regular clothes.