Chapter 2: Apples, Pokemon, and Showing You My Duelist Heart!

The next morning, I walked back into the patch of golden wheat to find Astral, kneeling and waiting for me with his arms outstretched. I smiled brightly and ran over to him as he wrapped his arms around me in a hug.

"I missed you, Astral." I smiled up at him as he let go. I also went up and ficked his left earring. He just smiled back in reply. "And here is the treat! The elders of our town give it to us!" I held out a large, bright and red granny smith apple. He gently took the apple and looked at it.

"What is this, Laur?" he asked, as he examined it carefully.

"Its called an apple, Astral. Its a type of fruit that grows here in our town and the whole world on a plant called a tree. Also, you can eat it!"

"I see.." he held the apple to his lips and nibbled a tiny bite from it. Then he chewed and swallowed.

"Interesting type of treat. I like it." he smiled down at me and I giggled.

"I knew you would. Also, Ancient Gear wanted me to get it for you too!" I reached into the back pocket of my dress and held up a Yu-Gi-Oh duel monster card. It my best monster buddy, Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon.

"Your duel monster dragon?" he questioned. I showed Astral my dragon before, so he knows that I can duel.

I nodded. "Yup!" as I hugged my dragon card close. "He also says hello to you!" I held Ancient Gear up to Astral and made a goofy voice as if my dragon said "Hello." to him.

Astral just chuckled as I carefully placed my card back into my pocket of my dress.

"Astral, I have a question..?" I asked, as I noticed for the first time, saw his left eye was white. XD

"Yes, Laur?" he replied.

"I want to know....Why your left eye is white?" I smiled.

"...It might difficult to explain to a girl your age.." Astral replied yet again.

"But I want to know! It might help in school!" I jumped up and down, anxious to know.

Astral chuckled. "Alright, I will explain it in words that you know. It is simply because of the sun. It shines it's light on me, called Light Refraction, and my eye turns white in the process."

My eyes gleamed. "Cool!" I smiled. Then I looked up at the sky again. Soon, a floating shadow and cute little voices came bouncing off clouds.

"Hoppip! Skiploom! Jumpluff!" The voices came all over.

My eyes gleamed as I saw Hoppip, Jumpluff and Skiploom hovering in the air. "Its Hoppip...and there is Skiploom and Jumpluff!" I gasped with excitement as I hoped off of Astral's lap and he floated up.

"What are they?" he questioned as he watched the creatures float about.

"Hoppip, Skiploom and Jumpluff, silly! They are some of the Pokemon of the Life Forest!" I giggled.

"I see..." Astral observed as a Skiploom jumped off his head and I giggled.

"They always say their name..so you will always know their name!" I giggled and watch the three kinds of Pokemon float away in the distance. Then I though for a moment. "Hold on! Be right back!" I ended as I raced into forest more. Astral only blinked.

I came back a few minutes later with a little duel disk around my arm, like the ones from Kiba Corp. "I wish to duel you!" I pointed at Astral and smiled.

He looked at me surprised. "I do not think that is such a good idea.."

I tilted my head. "Huh?! Why not?"

He sighed. "I do not think you good enough yet....You need to duel a bit more.." He bowed his head and try to smile.

"YOU THINK I AM WEAK?!" Water from the air swarmed around me as I spam my foot on the ground. Astral fell back, surprised at my power.

"That is not it at all..." Astral tried to calm me down.

"Its not?" I questioned.

"I just think that you need to practice a little more so you can keep up your skill." Astral smiled at me. "My mother said the exact same words to me. She did not want me to rush into becoming strong by challenging a higher-leveled opponent."

That only made me more determined to duel him. " I don't care if your more higher leveled then I am! Lets duel!" I placed my deck of dueling cards in the card slot.

Astral sighed and stood up. "Alright then..." His blue duel disk appeared on his left arm.

"I am not holding back!" I called out as my activated my duel disk.

"Duel!" we yelled out to each other to begin.