Chapter One

I awoke to pale light and a soft, streaming sound like rushing water. I opened my eyes further to realize I was lying on a cold stone floor. Obviously not just any floor, but an ornate, tiled, grey stone floor that gave the thought of a swirling motion like the sea. Small pillars held up a domed roof over the small circular floor. A railing lay a few feet past the edge.

The soft padding of bare feet can be heard approaching from a connecting hall. For some reason, I didn't want anyone to know I had awoken, or appeared here consciously, so I quickly lay back down and tried to sprawl on the floor in a position most unladylike.

"Rhoevien, I know you can hear me. They don't say the elves have unworldly hearing for nothing."

I slowly drew myself off the floor, well that totally failed.

"Where am I!" I demanded. Possibly a little too harsh, but when one minute you're drowning and the next someone is hinting they're an elf, the least they can do is offer a small bit of explanation.

"Why don't you see for yourself?" my company was obviously a woman, so I stopped trying to seem all manly, brave and hardy.

I took the elf's extended hand and stood up. She motioned towards the balcony following the perimeter of the gazebo.

Walking over to the edge of the building, I notice my stride is much longer, what? All I can say is weird things happen when you die.

Looking anxiously over the railing and out into the landscape, I catch sight of large ships floating out on the water. Soft waves rolled across a large ocean bay littered with docks and wharfs.

"Valinor."

Note:

I know this is kinda short in really sorry but school got out today (yay!) so I'll be updating much more. ^_^