Chapter: 4

HEY-O!!! 'TIS THE PSYCHOOOOOOOOO! 'Sup guys? 'Kay so here is the next development in IYWMD. Just a heads up though: this chapter got freakishly long, but I suppose it'll make a good present for whoever is still reading this... Sorry. >.< I'll try to update ASAHP. (That stands for as soon as humanly possible) So yeah. catch y'all on the flip side.

Yours crazily!

ThePsychO

Oh PS: You guys reeeeeaaaally need to read Noblesse if you haven't already. It's a manga found online only. It's pretty much amazing! (ooh, oh oh oh.) Totally PM me if you wanna know how to read it. XD M'kay bye!

...

It was the second meeting with the detectives as a group that Elizabeth finally had enough of being cut off. Huffing slightly, she rolled over onto her back and glared at the white ceiling.

Screw it.

Tossing her headphones on her bed, she stalked to the door of her bedroom, intending to throw it open and stalk out in the middle of the bemused Task Force with a flourish.

It was then she shamefully remembered L's words should she reveal her presence.

"Do not let the Task Force know of your existence, or if you do, in some act of stupidity, you have no idea I'm L. Understand?"

Elizabeth groaned and threw her head back. Curse her obedience. And now we wait...again. She supposed she'd call someone.

Booting up her laptop, she sat leaned up against her door with the computer perched on her flat knees. She could always chat with Mello, although she doubted he'd appreciate her interrupting whatever it was he was doing. Probably studying. The fifteen year old was freakin' obsessed. No, better to let him call her.

Of course, being roommates with Mello, Matt wasn't an option either. That just leaves...

As she waited for her call to be answered she gazed out of her window and listened to L's muffled conversation with the detectives.

"...Can do that?"

"Of course; nothing is impossible, and if we chose to show the tape after seven..."

"...Results are only 73% conclusive...can't be rash..."

Suddenly a different voice sounded much closer.

"Elizabeth, you called?" Elizabeth smiled happily at her friend.

"Yeah, L's doing another case and he's being really secretive about it. So I figured I'd entertain myself." The snowy white head in the screen tipped slightly to the side.

"You're hardly entertaining yourself, if I'm talking to you." Although no smile was shown on his lips, Elizabeth could see in Near's misty grey eyes that he enjoyed the friendly banter.

"I guess... So what're you doing?"

"At the moment, I am stacking dice." Elizabeth managed to nod seriously.

For a moment.

Biting her lip, she grinned widely. Elizabeth missed this. How easy it was to talk to Near. She still remembered how they first met.

A young Elizabeth rounded yet another corner, and came to yet another hallway with still more rooms. All looking exactly the same as the corridor she had just exited. Choking back a sob, she resumed her fruitless search for L, stalking forward with a feigned confidence.

Coming to another intersection of equally identical proportions.

This orphanage is too confusing! She fussed, tugging on her hair nervously. Where are all the other kids? She'd only been wandering for a second, and then all of a sudden she was alone. With not the faintest idea of how to return to the only person she truly trusted.