Twenty Three

Demi's POV

"Dems, we're here!" 

"Hang on baby, wait here and let me go talk to them first," I said. Rosey's in one of her quite moods right now. She only does that around me when she's nervous or angry and I'm assuming she's nervous right now. 

"P-please don't tell them," she said barely in a whisper.

"I promise I wont," I said as I hugged her and kissed her forehead. "Don't stress yourself out over this. They're going to love you," I reminded her before walking out of the room. 

I was greeted by being tackled to the floor in a group hug by my whole family. God I've missed them so much! I haven't seen them since the last show on tour! I had a huge smile on my face as I took in all of their love. When they got off of me I noticed Maddie was crying. I quickly whipped the tears from her eyes. "Mads, what's wrong?" I asked her worriedly. 

"I missed you so much," she cried but put a slight smile on her face.

"Awh!" I said as I pulled her into a hug while she cried into me. She was crying awfully hard for just missing me. "Baby girl, is there something else going on?" I whispered to her as I held her. She shook her head and her grip tightened on me. "You'd tell me or mom or someone if you were upset about something, right?" I asked her growing increasingly worried. I know I shouldn't jump to conclusions or anything, but this is my baby sister we're talking about. I'd do anything to protect her from the things I went through. She just seems like she's lost weight. No, Demi stop. It's probably just her loosing her baby weight or the aerial toning her up or something. "Okay baby, but you know you can talk to me about whatever, whenever. Same with mom or Dallas or Eddie," I said. She nodded.

"Dem, I just missed you a lot, calm down," she said. I sighed. She just seems really upset. I pulled away from the hug and gave her a slight smile which she returned. I put my hand on her back and led them all into the living room. I sat on the couch with Maddie while the others took the arm chairs. Maddie is being really clingy. I don't mind it though, I missed her being like this. 

"Where's Rosey?" mom asked.

"That's what I was getting too. Rosey's up in my room, but I wanted to talk to you guys about her before you meet her because she's kind of... um struggling at the moment," I said getting nods signaling for me to continue. "She's been through a lot in her past and I don't want any of the brought up today. Recently we discovered she's dyslexic so please don't use any words like stupid or idiot directed towards her even if you're joking. She uh, has some problems with food too. We've got them mostly under control, but she's never eaten in front of anyone but me so if she seems like she's struggling please just let me take care of it. Oh and one last thing. When I adopted her she was completely mute. I got her to open up to me finally, but she is still selectively mute and she hasn't talked to anyone besides me and a few words to her doctor so don't try to push her to talk. She will talk to you when she feels comfortable and I highly doubt that will be today," I finished. 

"Sir yes sir!" Maddie yelled saluting me. I laughed and flicked her. "Ow!" she yelled before she tackled me tickling me. "I missed this," she said sadly once we calmed down. 

"Me too baby, me too," I said as I held her in my arms on the couch. "Okay, I'm going to go get Rosey. She's really nervous so try not to scare her," I said getting off the couch. I yelled down the hallway for Rosey to come out, but I didn't get a response. My family looked at me confused and I just shrugged. I walked down the hall to my room. Rosey was staring at herself teary eyed in the mirror. I stood behind her and wrapped my arms around her. "What are you thinking sweetie?" I asked her.

"I can't do this," she said while trying to hold back tears. I spun her around so I was giving her a proper hug.

"Yes you can. Stop worrying. Everything's going to be okay," I said. I waited for her to pull away from the hug, but she didn't so I didn't either. "If it makes it easier I can have them come in here one at a time so you don't get overwhelmed," I said. I felt her nod against me. "Okay, I'll go get one of them," I said as I pulled away. Rosey went and sat on the bed as I left the room. I decided it'd be best to have her meet mom last so hopefully we can kill two birds with one stone. "Okay guys, I forgot to mention that Rosey has anxiety. So she doesn't get overwhelmed I'm going to have you guys meet her one at a time and then when she's ready she can join us all down here for lunch," I explained. "Okay, who wants to go first?" I asked. Of course mom would want to. "Uh actually mom can you go last because we need to talk to you about something..." I said trailing off. Everyone looked confused, but she agreed and I ended up taking Dallas first. I made my way over to the bed and held Rosey's hand as Dallas introduced herself.