Chapter One:

I'm Hazelynn Norm. My name is so weird or as my parents prefer "unique", I never liked my name because no one ever gets it right. I've heard the weirdest pronunciations of my name which makes me very uncomfortable with it. But you gotta appreciate unique, right?

Starting second term of year 10.

"Can it be anymore exciting than the first?" I wondered while walking in to the school gates. I looked around, "yes, same faces of course," I said to myself. "What was I expecting?" I went to put my stuff in my locker. Up to the third floor where my classes are.

Our floors are divided, first floor, classes of year 6 and 7. Second floor, year 8 and 9. Lastly third floor, year 10 and 11. Seniors 'year 12' and grades bellow year 6 are in a different building.

I saw my friends gathered in front of my locker all giggling and flirting. I was so confused because last time I checked no one, and I mean it no one in this school is worth flirting with. Not that they're all ugly but there wasn't anyone that remarkable.

"HAZEL !! You did not see the new physics teacher," They all said almost in one voice.

I was still a little bit confused.

"What about him?" I said.

"Umm, Nothing," Emily said. "He's just the hottest person I have even seen in my entire life,"

"No big deal," Ashley added.

"I guess I haven't seen him yet," I said.

"He was just standing there like a minute ago, Seriously Hazel," kate said in an angry voice.

They all laughed then, including me.

I'm the kind of girls who don't really give much attention to guys. Not that I'm self-centred or arrogant. But A: No one really deserves because all guys out there are playful and immature. B: I prefer reading a book rather than thinking about a guy all day.

Also, I am not a nerd. I just like reading.

All my friends think I'm weird, but that didn't keep them from being friends with me.

We've known each other so long that people only see us in package. Although I do sometimes sit alone to enjoy a book or write a little bit.

Sometimes I'm actually holding a school book and again I am not a nerd.

Each of us is different in a way.

Ashley loves shopping more than her own mother. She's the fashionable one.

Emily likes cracking jokes all the time even if it's a serious situation. She's the funny one.

Kate is somehow always dramatic. She's the serious one.

And I, Hazel I'm always seen with a book in my hands and a high pony tail. I also wear glasses occasionally. I'm the "smart" one.

...............

The bell rang and we all went down for the morning line.

After the saluting and all these meaningless stuff they make us do in the morning, we finally went up.

First, I headed towards my locker to get my english stuff. That's what we had first period.

I felt this weird feeling like I was being watched. I looked around ,and there was him staring at me.

I knew him the minute I saw him.

He's pretty tall, normal but a bit skinny. Pale white like a vampire maybe, if that actually exists. Either green or blue eyes, it isn't very clear. And This goldish brown hair. I can't really describe his hair style. It was somehow like Tom cruise or Andrew garfield. Maybe both combined. He was also wearing glasses. You know sometimes glasses make people look good but in this case I think it was the other way around. He looks very formal, wearing this very teachery outfit.

As the girls said, he is kinda the hottest person you'd ever see ,he's the combination of smart and sexy.

"Why is he staring at me?" I wondered. I felt as if I was doing something wrong. "Maybe my hair is so messed up." "What if I forgot to wear my shoes?" "Or worst, my pants," All these thoughts kept rushing through my brain.

I didn't look at him much but I could still feel he was staring at me.

"Oh my god Hazel," Ashley said as soon as I entered the classroom.

"Did you see the way he was looking at you?" Kate continued.

"Wow, You're definitely on his "To do" list," Emily cracked.

"EMILY," I shouted. "What are you girls talking about?"

"Don't tell me you did not see the way he was staring at you," Kate said with her angry look.

"Umm fine, he was looking at me. I guess" I said. "But that doesn't mean he likes me, first he's a teacher and second he doesn't even know me."

"Whatever you say love," Emily said winking.

During recess, I went to sit alone for a while to continue the book I was reading "13 reasons why", it's a book about this girl who commits suicide and make 13 tapes about why she did it, in these tapes there are 13 people who were the reason. I sat down my back to the wall in this corner near the stairhead lost in my book.

The first two rooms after the stairs were staffrooms. One for science teachers like chemistry, physics, Biology...etc. And the other for languages like English, French, and whatever other languages this school provides.

Recess was almost over so I stood against the wall looking down. I watched the kids as they played, I usually spend most of my day in this spot just watching people down there. A minute later this physics teacher stood like 2 meters away from me. I felt he was looking at me so I looked back. He flashed a smile at me which got me somehow paralysed that I couldn't smile back. I just re-opened my book and kept looking at it pretending to read.

After recess was over, I went to class. I had history. Mr. Fields, he made me call him by his first name, Jake. We were like best friends since the beginning of the year, he used to teach us Geography first term. This term he's our History teacher. Although he was like the most annoying person on earth, he was also very nice. Everyone suspected he liked me but I know he's like that with all girls. He used to flirt with almost everyone but I got the double. I think that's the perks of being best friends with him.

The girls knew he was friends with the physics teacher so they asked him about his name.

"Oh, you mean Mr. Adams," he said.

"Finally the hot teacher has a name" I thought to myself.

They couldn't ask about his first name because it would sound weird.

"Mr. Fields, Mr Fields guess who he's in to," Emily said.

I was kinda the only student who calls him by his first name.

"Emily, Stop it!!" I said almost shouting.

"Come on Haz, it's not a big deal," Emily said.

"Ughhh" I said while getting out of class.

Almost all of Jake's classes were like that, he was the fun teacher.

Of course he gives us what we need to pass the exams and all. But we mostly talk and play in his classes.

After class ended, Jake went outside to find me. I was standing against the wall looking at the people down as usual.

He did not stop annoying me about Mr. Adams. "I don't even see him attractive like the other girls," I exclaimed.

Of course I was lying, he was perfect. But I wasn't that interested in him, at least not now I barely know him.

"Yes of course, why would you have an eye for him," he said. "I'm right in front of you and you never flirted with me, once."

"Why would I? Are you even serious?" I said.

We had this thing going on for long, I guess he does like me like everyone says, not in that way though. It's weird and even more complicated.

I'm imagining a love triangle already..