The metal wrist

Unconscious, I dreamt of  unspeakable things lurking in the night  in every corner and crevice imaginable. No matter how far or how fast I ran, they would always be there… waiting for me..  I try to close my eyes but even then I see more clearly  than I had with my eyes wide open. what’s happening? I thought to myself as my arms started to go limp and soon after that so did my legs. I fell to the ground helpless and defeated, I had no more fight to delay my inevitable death, no more strength to continue I could already sense them getting closer.

Then, I awoke, my brow damp in a sweat and my heart pounding vigorously like it has never done before. I began to lift from the ground to an unfamiliar place that reminded me of my old base that I grew up in. But before I could move any more a TV that consumed half of the wall  flickered on what’s happening? I whispered out in a cool breath as suddenly the song from the store started to play as I my fingers twitched in confusion backing away.

“WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?!” I yelled out, knowing someone or something was in here watching me. “  I turned around my eyes scanning the room carefully as suddenly a voice started to speak inside my head “Subject Rue, you have little time so listen to me carefully. There is a exit on the right, take it” I turned to my right without hesitation  taking the exit, as I was in relief to see trees knowing I couldn’t be that far away from home as abruptly a crystalline screen started to manifest in front of my eyes forming into an image as I could tell it was a map of the perimeter.

I ran without stopping no matter how tired my aching legs urged me to stop, I just couldn’t and I didn’t want to either. Passing tree by tree  dodging bushes and other planets until I saw it. The  open field that led to my house, I let out a loud sigh as my numb legs urged to stop just realizing that the translucent screen had vanished. I sighed not worried about that right now  as I slowly made my way to my own room that was separated from the rest of the house.

I closed the door behind me dropping on the bed as my legs cried rejoicing, I groaned loudly rolling over on my back turning my head to look at the time as I noticed the time  8:23AM  my eyes widened as I quickly sat up taking my phone out of my pocket looking at the date as I quickly dropped the phone as fast as I picked it up “ …..I was gone for three days..” I faintly whispered noticing the metal arm band locked securely on my arm. Able to see the  black veins still deeply settled in my skin as I quickly pulled down my  jacket in frustration. I turned to the bathroom door that sat right next to my bed  deciding to take a shower as I looked in the mirror  seeing how dirty my face was I quickly undressed hopping in the shower as I felt an instant relaxation over come me as the hot steamy water washed away all the dirt I saw disappearing in the drain.

It didn’t take long for me to get clean and hope out of the shower and dressed in a pair of grey sweats and a black cotton t-shirt. I began to step out of the bathroom still surprised that the metal wrist band still stood. I quickly put my chuck’s on and picked up my phone as suddenly I remembered something …school… I quickly grabbed my back pack throwing it over my shoulder quickly dashing outside.