Bedroom Door

Soft sky crystals tumbled lazily down onto the skeletal sockets of the all-knowing house, looking in but never impeding on the ghastly proceedings carried by the inner premonitions. The gentle pitter-patter distorted by the blazing cracks of gold lances continuously lighting the suffocating blanket smothering any light; creating webbed fractures that scar deep against the land.

Strike!

Clawed barren spines of decaying lumber formed the lifeless graveyard standing outside, they often teared at her skin during the night – or so that's what her nine-year-old conscience had convinced her. However, these soldiers all seemed crooked from constant pain; demented and hunchbacked, feeding off their fellow brethren, twisting and squirming their way to the dying sun's illuminations. Even children understood the casualties of war (the loss of a father was her main testament).

She's always scared -terrified even- for an innocent, sweet, caring young girl with pearl eyes and golden hair little girls were known for. The sharp, peeling shards of scattered paint against the pastel pinks of rotten comfort reminded her of a beast; a giant serpent shedding its layers of freedom.

Slowly she ventured out of her cage. Slowly. Only to flinch back from the forgotten bright cracks blaring outside.

Shackles scraped across the cement, drilling into the air joining the howling wind all reminders of how the cool metal no longer hugged her skin as it did years ago. Overpowering pongs of decay and hell smothered her senses reinforcing her powerlessness. Perhaps this time the bruising iron chain will be lighter. Perhaps her fingertips could graze over the cold, bright, bronze door knob. Perhaps taking her away from the –CLAP- stifling heat and the –CRACK- overpowering twilight and maybe even her –CRASH- 'mother'...

Strike!

The long, bleak January night held many nightmares for the woman. The Leviathans had undulated through the minds mazes, spawning visions of her numerous children being ripped, teared, sliced, shredded to pieces. Ivory canines soaked deep in crimson droplets squelching, gurgling on the thick ichor spurting (deliciously) from their wounds massing into puddles, lakes and oceans. Children she loved (the taste of) but couldn't afford (to share). Single war widows past their expiration dates will always line the streets she was no different.

Bearing light to the mother's grotesque nature a roaring avalanche of untamed beasts hit the ground as lighting struck. Whips, canes, pokers, knives, leashes, hammers and more lined the walls; entrapping the remaining pastel fragments of once white walls faded pink through showers of ancient linings and biotic bodies.

Tonight she couldn't wait for the girl's turn with beautiful hair and beautiful eyes a beautiful specimen.

Perhaps this time she would savour every aghast gasp, every mouse of a whimper feebly scuttling towards the obscurity outside –CLAP-. Perhaps they'll wallow and weep whilst choking on the holy water the woman would force down their throats –CRACK-, would she choke? Or weep? Or wallow? Perhaps she would allow her fingertips to graze over the cold, bright, bronze door knob early tonight like the scolding, burning crimson pokers would hiss into her offspring's smooth, pale skin hopefully already littered with trauma. Perhaps her daughter would –CRASH-...

Strike.

Bleak winter tears garnished the now bejewelled arachnid's web. Shadows long diminished creeped back into the dreary caverns of the mind from where they came. The final lightning strike had struck. The young woman with no family fabled (infertilities curse) could never remember what she had done but it was always a mess. The gentle pitter-patter of tears could not be distorted as silence rung throughout the land; lush and green full of life. Entrails. Membrane. Skin. Ichor. Fragments, the only pieces of the corpse left yet a halo of golden wisps surrounded the blotch of membrane where a single pearl lay amongst the dark abyss of bodily fluid, staring back.

Soft sky crystals tumbled lazily down.