:03:

Kiran's eyes were wide, examining the red pentagram that Donna was drawing in the dry ground. The dirt was nearly rock hard, and gray in color. A cool wind whipped past, coming down from the mountains a short distance away.

"Where did you learn how to do this?" She asked.

Donna held up the book she was using as a reference. "Got bored hanging around the cave one time. Got Zatanna to help me sneak into the Tower of Fate and steal this."

"She did?" Kiran's voice squeaked as Donna made a few more marks in red chalk.

"You'd be surprised how much Zee actually hates Doctor Fate," Troia grinned mischievously, pushing the book into Kiran's chest.

"Actually he is a jerk," Omen put in, tracing her foot through the unmarked dust.

"Everyone hates Fate," Hawk agreed. The Titans stood watch, clad in uniforms on a cold, dry, desert plateau in Northern Colorado.

"Okay, Troia, what happens next? Witch Boy shows up and we collectively terrorize him into taking Solstice as a sidekick?" Golden Eagle asked with a playful grin.

Flamebird kicked him in the shin. "We're heroes, not sidekicks, Char!"

Kiran frowned, her bottom lip jutting out so slightly as she examined the ancient, thin, leather pages. "This isn't the kind of spell where I have to use my blood to summon him, is it?"

"No, don't worry," Donna said quickly.

Bette shared the book with Kiran. She knew how annoying it was to have someone leaning over your shoulder to try and read what you were. "You just need to sprinkle some thyme over the pentagram. He likes that. Apparently."

"You never know with a Lord of Chaos," Dove reminded everyone.

She and Hawk still weren't very happy about this plan. Their powers were connected to magic, probably more than Kiran's, but they were more well known as the "good guys". Dove was too plain nice to even pretend to have turned around and gone dark, her abilities simply wouldn't let her. Hawk's temper, on the other hand, would easily play a convincing villain, but Donna didn't trust that his anger wouldn't get the best of him, not to mention that neither bird-themed hero's powers would work without the other.

Troia stepped back to admire her hadiwork. "Golden Eagle?" She held out her hand. Eagle tossed her a can.

"The best that Whole Foods can offer," he grinned. Donna handed the spice to Kiran and she read the label: 'McCormick Thyme Leaves, the Taste You Can Trust'.

"Well, won't Klarion be impressed," Hawk snorted.

Donna placed her hands on Kiran's shoulders, trying not to grip them too hard. "We'll be just over the hill. Klarion won't see us. If things go wrong, just scream."

"And if things go right?"

Donna was quiet.

"...then we'll see you in a month!" Bette tried to lighten the mood. She wrapped Kiran in a big hug. 

"You're gonna blow this away, don't sweat it. Once we pull the rug out from under the Light's feet, then we can go back to McDonald's milkshakes and movie marathons all night long!" Bette beamed, and Kiran began to think that maybe it wouldn't be quite that hard.

"Yeah, you're right," Kiran held the book and the spice closer to her chest. She stood up taller and rolled her shoulders back. 

"You can do this, Kiran," Lilith hugged her next, then Dawn, who made Hank and Charley give her good-bye hugs too.