Prologue

My breath was sharp. My legs were covered in dirt from running. My feet ached as they quickly hit the ground, I had never ran so fast in my life. My lungs burned from the freezing air they took in.

A small drop of water hit my forehead as I ran, more and more drops began hitting the ground. It seemed as if time were frozen, like the constant movement my legs kept up was getting me nowhere. My vision blurred from tears that ran slowly down my face. I was freezing from the cold forest air.

Small yet quick puffs of air left my mouth. My heart was beating the quickest it ever had. I needed a break from all this running, I might pass out any second from exhaustion. A " swoosh" sound could be heard a distance away. I knew I needed to hide, and come up with an escape route.

I ran even faster, if that was even possible. My legs felt as if they would collapse, and take me with them. I hid behind a tree, trying to slow my breathing, my chest moving up and down. I started to wonder if there was any civilization near.

A small convenient store could be seen through an opening at the end of the forest. If I could just run fast enough I could get help. I prepared myself. This would be the fastest running I'd ever done. One breath in...one breath out...and...I ran.