Chapter 1

Chris crept quietly into the dimly lit room, towards a crib in the center of it. Socket covered feet padded softly against the wooden floor as he peered into the crib. His brown eyes softened and a loving smile graced his lips as he gazed the newborn nestled with in. He then reached down and gently lifted the little bundle out, only to cradle it in his arms. The infant cooed slightly in it's sleep, a tiny hand grasping his finger with a surprising reflex. Chris eased himself into a rocking chair, closing his eyes as he held the warm little body closer to his own...

"Chris..." Chris hummed softly, still rocking back and forth. "Chris?" Chris opened his eyes to see his brother, Martin and their friends Aviva, Koki and Jimmy Z staring at him, all of them still in pajamas. "Uh, Chris, you're rocking the teddy bear your mom got you again." Chris looked down at his arms to see the stuffed animal swaddled like an infant nestled in his arms. 'Oh, not again. Another dream. No baby...' Martin must have known what was on his little brother's mind because he lead him back to their room. "The baby dream again? Was it a boy or a girl this time?" Chris sighed sadly before looking his brother in the eye. "An adorable baby girl, Martin. But, come on, me settling down with a wife I love and having kids? Never gonna happen." Martin couldn't help but feel sorry for his younger brother. Sure, girls threw themselves at the brothers more times than could be counted, but they were either sluts or weren't the bros types. There were a few that were their type, but an attraction never rooted and those girls became helpers of the Wild Kratts Team and became acquaintances. "Cheer up, bro. You know what mom always said,"Fate can throw you the most wonderful things at the most unexpected times"." Chris chuckled at his brother imitating their mom, before his eyes widened, "And that reminds me, you and me were going to visit mom this weekend, you packed yet?" "Yep, almost done." Martin said patting his suitcase which immediately flew open on contact, clothes flying everywhere. "I'm going for a walk, have fun cleaning up, bro." Chris hollered walking out the door, unaware he wouldn't be coming back to the HQ alone.