13// Check me in, Ostroff

Thanksgiving: my favorite holiday. As always, I'll be spending it giving thanks for the bounty of secrest I've harvested from you this year, but leave a place for me at your table.. I'll be back for just desserts.

-Gossip Girl

I descend the staircase, my hand sliding down the rail for support as I gaze at the ring on my finger.

It's just too beautiful to not look at, every time I look at it I smile, I think of Logan and my heart warms.

As I reach the end, I see Sebastian replacing the flowers in the hallway.

"Hey." I chirp as I approach him.

He jumps at my voice, he sees me and laughs "Sorry, you frightened me." He says as he sobers up.

"You're quite the jumpy type." I remark

"Yes, I am. I was just putting in the dahlias at your mom's request." He says gesturing to a vase of maroon dahlias.

"Beautiful." I say, Sebastian smiles.

His eyes widen as eyes land on my hand "Whoa..." he trailed off as he approaches me.

I realize I put the ring on my right hand this morning. "It's a promise ring." I state and watch Sebastian's expression settle.

"Congratulations, promise rings are basically pre-engagement." He says with a sideways smile. My face heats up knowing he's right, pre-engagement indeed.

The doorbell rings, a ring after another until Milly opens the door revealing Blair. She barges in and approaches me quickly as she sees me.

Milly glares at Blair as she shuts the door. Blair looks impatient and anxious "Where is it?" She asks, I quirk my eyebrow at her.

She grabs my hand, lifting it up and scrunching her brows as she examines the ring. "He betrayed me behind my back." She gasps.

"You helped him pick it out?" I ask her

"Apparently not since he ignored my advice, of course, he went with Liam's advice. " She scoffs as she crosses her arms in front of her chest.

I'm heartfelt at the fact that Liam helped along with Blair. I love the ring I have. I wouldn't want to change it.

"Who are you?" Blair asks, her brows furrowed as she glares at Sebastian.

"Sebastian." I answer

"The gardener." He adds.

"Ew." Blair scoffs, her voice laced with disgust.

I give Sebastian an apologetic look "I'll be in the garden." He says, shooting me a smile before he leaves.

"Way to be hypercritical." I scold. She rolls her eyes and ignores my comment.

"So, what did he say when he gave it to you? I want all the details." She says as she ignores my comment.

•••

It took a while explaining it all to Blair due to her interruptions and comments on how he could've done better. Blair always needs the royal grand gestures for her satisfaction.

After she began to vent about how she's going to have so much fun when she flies out to see her dad and his boyfriend. She also mentioned that she and Chuck are not together, that disappointed me.

Blair left to go get ready for her flight then after go drop off a pie at the van der Woodsen. Rufus and Lily are hosting Thanksgiving again this year but this year mom decided to have a small dinner at home. Just her, Steve, and myself.